TK F vs. OZ F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK F vs. OZ F

On my next year trip to north Africa via Europe, on the return flight I have option for TK, J on FRA-IST and F on IST-HKG...
    The other option is OZ, F on FRA-ICN and J ICN-HKG (they don't release F on their 74E ICN-HKG)
    Which one I should choose?
    Never been on these airlines before....

Thanks guys...

TK for sure

Comment

Thanks Kyo+ for the advice....
      But I've got no luck with TK F (just like several booking before this).
      Waited for 3 days timeframe that KF gave me, got no answer from TK for IST-HKG sector.
      Have asked KF agent to rebook again that sector several times. But got no response from TK. Still on pending status untill the last minutes.
      So I chose OZ F for FRA-ICN-HKG.
      But the mileages needed for SIN-FRA-CMN-FRA-ICN-HKG-SIN increase dramatically to 180G compare to 130G that needed on SIN-FRA-CMN-FRA-IST-HKG-SIN one (dunno how this can be happened...)
      Now I ended up with a SIN-DXB-FRA-CMN-FRA-HKG-SIN ticket with SQ F and LH F & J for 130G.
      With that ticket I can maximize the use of TPR, FCL and FCT...
      But there still be another question.
      What should I do with the 20 hours transit in DXB??

Comment

Why does KF need to 'wait' for an award seat to confirm? TK's first is booked in "O" class and its there if its available on ANA website.

While TK's F's hard product is good... the soft product ie crew is questionable. LH's F might be good with the FCT to begin with. Food on LH is also good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
          Why does KF need to 'wait' for an award seat to confirm? TK's first is booked in "O" class and its there if its available on ANA website.
          Dunno why KF always need time to get confirmation from other airlines for the seat I asked for.
          Usually it's only took several minutes to few hours to get the airlines partner to response. The procedure always like that everytimes I made redemption on other than SQ airlines.
          And always got lengthy answer from TK F and always ended up with I chose alternate airlines. Eventough I've seen there was a seat available on F when I checked it with ANA tool, the response from TK always late. Once I managed to get F seat on TK on BKK-IST, but KF couldn't issued the ticket, with some misterious reason with TK. Really no luck at all with TK.

Comment

OZ F, to put it fairly, is fantastic! TK F, to put it fairly, is rubbish! I have flown TK F four times and it is not a good experience. Sure the seat is nice, but the soft product has been consistently bad on my flights. OZ F on the other hand is definitely among the top in the alliance. IMO LX F>OZ F>SQ F (I haven't tried NH yet).

If you can get LX then that would be an even better choice and will give you access to the FCL at FRA (and CX The Wing on the return).
            Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Simple reason for me... FRA-IST is a shorter distance to travel in J (as opposed to ICN-HKG), i.e. more direct flight without re-routing via North Asia. The greater derived benefit to the Op is simply answered by answering the following question, in my opinion: 'Do you want to minimise or maximise the F length of your flight?'

Disclaimer: Of course, not everyone uses this as the yardstick for comparison of options, but I certainly do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                Simple reason for me... FRA-IST is a shorter distance to travel in J (as opposed to ICN-HKG), i.e. more direct flight without re-routing via North Asia.
                I think there's nothing to do with the shorter J on IST-FRA than J on ICN-HKG. My booking was F booking after all. They should be F all the way (if they have F, I should get F. If they don't have F, then I get J).
                If the mileage required is based on distance (instead of Zone rules), then why they prohibited me to make a transit at NRT?
                When I asked KF to put NRT to replace ICN or HKG, they just told me that that route can't be done.
                Last year I still can had BKK-MAD-TFN-BCN-MUC-NRT-SIN in F for 130G. ( I have a TR for that trip)
                Now they didn't allow me to make an open jaw on point of origin . I must return to the same point of my departure place.
                They also didn't allow me to make NRT transit also.
                And when I chose FRA-ICN (shorter that MUC-NRT), they charge me 180G instead of 130G for SE1 to North Africa zone fare.
                When I insisted them to check on my redemption records (yes, they can do that), to compare with my BKK-MAD-TFN-BCN-MUC-NRT-SIN redemption, they just said they always update the rules from time to time.
                Now I think they have a new rules for *A redemption booking on KF.
                Is there anyone out there have the latest *A redemption on KF rules ???

The greater derived benefit to the Op is simply answered by answering the following question, in my opinion: 'Do you want to minimise or maximise the F length of your flight?'

Disclaimer: Of course, not everyone uses this as the yardstick for comparison of options, but I certainly do.
                I do have the same yardstick like you...

And I want to maximize the ground benefits (TPR, FCL, FCT or even TG F Spa if possible) along with the looooonngggg F flights...

Can you suggest me for the alternate routing to maximize them all???
                I'm willing to re-book and re-issued the ticket for the right route...

Comment

Try this one and see if it works, then - since KF allows LH's M&M to redeem saver rates, see if you can swing LH's new A380 F ex FRA-PEK back through SQ? The exercise would be interesting...

The length of time may be shorter but it's definitely new enough to have some caché

Plus you get FCL/FCT...

Comment

Try this one and see if it works, then - since KF allows LH's M&M to redeem saver rates, see if you can swing LH's new A380 F ex FRA-PEK back through SQ? The exercise would be interesting...

The length of time may be shorter but it's definitely new enough to have some caché

Plus you get FCL/FCT...
                    Worth to try...
                    Btw... How about CA F on B763 on PEK-SIN sector? Any insight for this?

Comment

Yes. Avoid PEK-SIN on CA F at all cost. The F seats are old and marginally wider than J. These are not the new CA products they use on TPAC...

Comment

Bo ho!!! ....
                        Just got called by KF agent....
                        No F seat on LH A380 is available for KF member....
                        Ex PEK or ex NRT on any dates....
                        That's the update for KF member who want to book F seat on LH A380....

Comment

So all this cozying up between LH and SQ is not reciprocal but only good for LH status pax... thanks for trying, Dent@SUB - it was always going to be a long shot to begin with, so nothing to lose there...

Want to try something interesting? LX F to DEL on new product?

Comment

Want to try something interesting? LX F to DEL on new product?
                            Hmmm.... LX does have F seat available on DEL-ZRH or ZRH-DEL on on A333 on the dates I wanted.
                            But the question is: How can I get SIN-DEL vv on F saver???
                            Now I'm confused...
                            Any idea???
                            The current ticket is: SIN-DXB(SQ F)-FRA(LH F)-CMN(LH J)//FRA(LH J)//HKG(LH F)-SIN(SQ F).
                            I'm open for any route with any transit points....

Comment

Try route through BKK. TG has F to DEL

Comment

Working...
                              X