Watch Your Throne SQ: NH F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    It's another JP rule: no electronic devices in the "on" position once you step foot on the aircraft until takeoff.
    Ahh... I was once told to turn off my mobile phone on SQ when we were on the ground at NRT in the middle of boarding. But unlike the JAL FA, the SQ girl explained the rule very nicely and professionally. I thought it only extended to mobile phones rather than any electronic device. Learn something new everyday.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Not a camera but a phone. A change in the rules in the UK for BA at least ?

mFT (registration required)

was asked to turn off phone by FA, we were still at the gate and doors open so I asked why and was told that it's new rules that phones must be turned off after boarding.

Anyway then the captain comes on and says we have to wait 20 mins for push-back so I turn my phone on and text my wife only to have the FA rush over and tell me in no uncertain terms to turn it off right away.

Comment

Watch your throne?

NH F has been this way for YEARS!

Nothing new.

Comment

Let me be clear: the service has not been "downgraded" one bit. Sometimes you simply get a newer crew.

Anyone even thinking that UA can be uttered in the same sentence needs to have his head examined.
          The service and food in C class has certainly been done so, but I agree not in F class.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
            Watch your throne?

NH F has been this way for YEARS!

Nothing new.
            If you read the OP's post, the throne he was referring was his own in reference to his own place for the judgement/standard of an airline and not of a travel magazine or award outlet (i.e. skytrax). And this was the OP's first ever experience with NH F, so it wasn't like he has been flying them for many years to judge them the years before. May not be something new for you. But it was something new for the OP.
            Last edited by Kiwi Mile; 27 September 2009, 01:40 PM.

Comment

The service and food in C class has certainly been done so, but I agree not in F class.
              What is this "C class" you speak of???

Originally posted by Kiwi Mile View Post
              ...award outlet (i.e. skytrax).
              hmmm...skytrax = crap.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi Mile View Post
                If you read the OP's post, the throne he was referring was his own in reference to his own place for the judgement/standard of an airline and not of a travel magazine or award outlet (i.e. skytrax). And this was the OP's first ever experience with NH F, so it wasn't like he has been flying them for many years to judge them the years before. May not be something new for you. But it was something new for the OP.
                Didn't mean to get you riled up, kiwi.
                I'm pretty sure he doesn't live in a bubble and has read plenty about the ANA F product before.

Comment

What is this "C class" you speak of???
                  business class, aka "Club ANA"

Comment

I'm pretty sure he doesn't live in a bubble and has read plenty about the ANA F product before.
                    First hand experience > reading about something.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Woo!

I have a JAL flight in under 12 hours time. I must remember to keep my bulge (camera ) in my pocket until after take off or risk being scolded like what happened to a naughty Singaporean!

Nice bibimbap on OZ yesterday but it seems pretty mild. I was expecting some "blow my mouth off" heat but nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        Nice bibimbap on OZ yesterday but it seems pretty mild. I was expecting some "blow my mouth off" heat but nothing...
                        If you had paid more attention to StarGold's TR, you could have asked for more red pepper paste.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          First hand experience > reading about something.
                          +1. Judging and ranking a service product from self perspective is best and fair through experience.

If I have never experienced the service, I would never judge the service as good just because I read someone else says it's good and I also would never judge the service as bad just because I read someone else says it's bad. Doing so is plain stupid.
                          Last edited by StarFeat; 28 November 2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

ANA First Square

Have you guys seen the 'new' ANA First Square seats/suite that will be launched in Feb 2010?
                            https://www.ana.co.jp/int/svc/w_en/f/seat/first_square/

It just rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                              Have you guys seen the 'new' ANA First Square seats/suite that will be launched in Feb 2010?
                              https://www.ana.co.jp/int/svc/w_en/f/seat/first_square/

It just rocks!
                              It's being talked about below...
                              http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8422

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X