Thai Airways to acquire 23 Airbus, 14 Boeing planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai Airways to acquire 23 Airbus, 14 Boeing planes

BANGKOK: Thai Airways announced Monday that it would acquire 23 Airbus and 14 Boeing airplanes in lease and purchase deals worth about US$3.9 billion.

The carrier plans to buy six Boeing 777-300ER planes, four Airbus A350-900s and five A320-200s for a total of about US$1.6 billion. It will also lease 22 aircraft, including eight Boeing 787 Dreamliners, a company statement said.

- AFP/cc

Source: Channelnewsasia http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...134856/1/.html

Great! I guess the 787 or A350-900 will take over LAX. I wonder if they might re-introduce New York with one of those.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

So we would see Thai various a/c from as small as an a320 to as large as it can get.
      Last edited by sealalula; 13 June 2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Talk about a varied fleet.

I'm guessing the A320 will replace the 734 and the A350-900 will gradually replace the 744s.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
          I'm guessing the A320 will replace the 734
          Not to mention the delightful A300

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
            Not to mention the delightful A300
            They still have quite a lot of A330 coming to replace some of those too.
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

An A300 has a significantly higher seat number / capacity than an A320. Maybe they will be for the regional arm that I heard the TG president talk about on CNBC last week during IATA meeting here in SIN. Something similiar to Silk Air was what he mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                They still have quite a lot of A330 coming to replace some of those too.
                Speaking abouot TG Airbus 330. I notice on their web that they have 2 codes for A330-300, A330 and A333. Looking at the seat configuration there are no different in economy.

However A333 has more C class seat compare to A330 which also translate narrower seat pitch.

Question, is A333 newer than A330 or the other way around?
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  Speaking abouot TG Airbus 330. I notice on their web that they have 2 codes for A330-300, A330 and A333. Looking at the seat configuration there are no different in economy.

However A333 has more C class seat compare to A330 which also translate narrower seat pitch.

Question, is A333 newer than A330 or the other way around?
                  A333 is older with the standard old business class seat. A330 is the newer model with sleeper seats in business and PTVs in economy.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                  X