MH economy service is mediocre now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH economy service is mediocre now

You would think that with the H1N1 scare around that airlines would increase the use of towels, or at least disposable towelettes.

But MH decided to cut out the towel service in economy class effective 1st July.

I just got off a flight from ARN to KUL, and was quite disappointed with the overall service. The 747-400 looked and felt old... even though the Captain called it "the state of the art 747" in his address!

There was no hot towel service. Nor cold ones, nor even the disposable types just before lunch. So I thought, maybe they'd only hand it out when one wakes up. No... not even that. When I asked the crew they said that they all received an email from management that the service is to be cut out! When I commented on it, the staff defended that "they're just following orders" !

Yet all cabin crew was dispalying their service star on their lapels which indicated their 5 years as best cabin crew by Skytrax. Well, Skytrax certainly didn't have this lot. Most of the cabin crew were surly.. and slightly hmm, 'larger' in size than any SQ Girl that I've ever seen!

Having recently taken SQ in economy from SIN to LHR, I would say that SQ's service is much better than MH. Even the meals are better presented and seemed more too. Though MH had 3 choices compared to SQ's 2 in economy.

I was travelling with 2 friends. One of whom even said that he found that Air Canada had a better seat product in economy than MH.

Oh dear, where would MH be next year if it doesn't join an alliance soon.

well....MH is heading into nowhere!.

Comment

MH is joining USA style Airlines?
      but they are making profit (if I am not wrong from the other thread)

Comment

Well I guess their high fuel surcharges are covering that for the moment...

But if they are cutting back service the way they did, I honestly do not see them go far ...

Comment

That's sad!!! Last time I took MH was 2002. They used to provide SQ-like service (maybe not completely at that level, but fairly good), and service in Y was great too. Female crew were also quite attractive at that time.

Comment

That is a bit unfortunate.
            However, I have no intention of travelling on MH economy any time soon!

Comment

will consider travelling on MH when only on personal travels and when its fare is much lower and on its international service on its 744s or 777s - but not on its ageing n nion-IFE 734s n 330s. Not too concerned abt meals so much but the main advantage is that when travelling in EY its seat pitch is much better than SQ or other european or Far East airlines.

Comment

I flew with Malaysia Airlines ADL-KUL-ADL for the first time ever last year and had no compaints about the service in Economy.It is not that bad and the seat pitch is better than anything I have flown with before and that includes QF,DJ,NZ,AN(when that was around),SQ,CX,CO,NZ AND TN(which is now QF domestic).The Thing I was most happy about was that for one roundtrip to Malaysia on MH with the Velocity Frequent Flyer Programme over at Virgin Blue was I got a Free Movie Pass when I got home.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  will consider travelling on MH when only on personal travels and when its fare is much lower and on its international service on its 744s or 777s - but not on its ageing n nion-IFE 734s n 330s. Not too concerned abt meals so much but the main advantage is that when travelling in EY its seat pitch is much better than SQ or other european or Far East airlines.
                  Yes. Seat pitch on MH is 34" compared to SQ's 32". BA, LH, VS, AF, KL has something horrible like 31" !! I wonder if airlines like LH consider their general male counrtymen are taller than 1.80 m !!

Other airlines that offer 34" include AC's 767-300ER fleet, TG's long haul fleet, AY on the MD11 (don't know about their new A330s, A340). And surprisingly on SA's domestic 737 fleet. They offer something like 35" !

Comment

Flown MH twice on economy also last month, in 2 weeks differences, ex CGK with B734, very unpleasant flight, old aircraft and seat very cramped. From KUL-CAN on A333, seat pitch was marvellous, food was fine, and attentive FAs, return from CAN-KUL, different aircraft (but still A333), seat pitch somehow smaller than the flight to CAN. One thing to note is that they serve plastic dining utensil that's wrapped in a plastic bag, and then distributed it as it is. Following next. separately, was the food in a very extremely cheapskate presentation and mediocre taste. I asked one FA but she answer that it's how the got it from the catering in CAN, and smiled bitterly.. Other seat have a better meal choice with tray etc, but was told it was because that's the remaining food they brought from KUL... from KUL-CGK was not even worth commenting. Garuda has far better service for this leg.
                    CGK-KUL-PVG in the next two weeks. CGK-KUL same, but KUL-PVG surprisingly, had the identical same menu as the KUL-CAN two weeks before, with sour faces FAs. All in all, no towel at all..
                    Although the fare was very good, I really don't think I'd take MH again, from PVG I'm booking the new A330-200 with the new business class..

Comment

dont really fly an airline bec of its inflight food - but more so for its prices and aircraft - yes MH regional and asian flights are usually on its aeging 734s or A330s and its meals for EY are now "box" meals for flights under 4 hrs. However, its international ie Eurpoean, australiasia, US and Japan flights are generally alright as its uses the 744s n 777s with good legroom in EY.

Comment

Working...
                      X