Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soon oneworld Explorers can be booked and ticketed online!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soon oneworld Explorers can be booked and ticketed online!

http://www.oneworld.com/ow/news/details?objectID=14126

The system will enable customers to plan oneworld Explorer round-the-world trips, which can be of up to 16 segments. As a customer builds his or her itinerary, it will verify flight availability, displaying only flights that have seats available for the date and routes selected. It will automatically validate that the itinerary meets all fare rules and conditions - and then provide an instant price. Once a customer has finalised his or her itinerary, he or she will be able to pay on-line using a credit card and print out all the details before his or her e-tickets are delivered by email.
    An interesting development, which will hopefully cut down a lot of the running around.

Kinda like the *A planning tool except that in this case you can actually book seats and pay for the booking entirely online. Hopefully it'd also allow pax to choose which carrier they want to validate on like the *A tool.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Sounds great - I like developments like this.

I wonder if *A will take the hint & impliment something similar.
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

It sounds good but I can forsee lots of problems. I hope we will still have the option of using the existing planning tools as well.

Comment

If it's going to be an extension of the current online planning tool, I hope they fix up the bugs before proceeding with the new feature. I was trying to plan a DONE5 that begun in JNB and ended in CPT. It gave me a 'too many segments' error as it counted the origin-destination surface segment in the segment count which is not what the rules say.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
        X