Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QF announces SYD-EZE, ramps up USA services

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...08/mar08/Q3739

Qantas announced today it would commence its first ever non-stop services to South America, with flights from Sydney to Buenos Aires* commencing on 24 November, 2008.

All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

You beat me to it, not that I would fly QF anyway.

Comment

QF to commence daily BNE/LAX and increase SYD/LAX and SYD/HNL

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...08/mar08/Q3734

Qantas to Commence New US Services Latest News
      Brisbane, 11 March 2008
      Qantas said today it would operate a record 47 services to the United States each week, when it commences new services from Brisbane and Sydney from 27 March.

The new return services will be:
      * two per week between Brisbane and Los Angeles from 27 March and 1 April;
      * one per week between Sydney and Los Angeles from 30 March; and
      * one per week between Sydney and Honolulu from 5 April.

Qantas Executive General Manager, Mr John Borghetti, said the airline was strongly committed to growing its US services.

"This latest increase in capacity confirms our confidence in the growth potential of this important international route," Mr Borghetti said.

"Importantly, the additional services from Brisbane will see Qantas offer a daily, non-stop service between Queensland and California for the first time.

"These additional flights will add around 800 seats each week on the route, providing new travel opportunities for Queenslanders and for Americans visiting Australia."
      Looks like someone is gearing up before a certain Branson upstart takes to the air!

Comment

Just wondering aloud why EZE rather than GRU. Is there a lot of traffic from Oz to EZE?

Comment

EZE schedule:

SYD-EZE QF17 MON/WED/SAT 1035/1035
          EZE-SYD QF18 MON/WED/SAT 1405/1745+1
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Just wondering aloud why EZE rather than GRU. Is there a lot of traffic from Oz to EZE?
            That's to do with better connecting options to other South American destinations. Looks like LAN's planning on codesharing on these flights btw..

Comment

Originally posted by v1rotate View Post
              That's to do with better connecting options to other South American destinations. Looks like LAN's planning on codesharing on these flights btw..
              Seems like EZE is fast rising as a OW hub due to LAN Argentina's inclusion into the alliance.

These new flights also seem to connect very well to the BA tag flights across to GRU.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                These new flights also seem to connect very well to the BA tag flights across to GRU.
                Which is perhaps why GRU wasn't launched direct in the first place. The BA flight is perfect for connections. Maybe we'll se yet another route from Australia to the UK...

Comment

Working...
                X