No announcement yet.

Poke poke, wake up, sir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How were you poked..........I mean awaken? Was it a jab of some sort? I'm confused

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      How were you poked..........I mean awaken? Was it a jab of some sort? I'm confused
      Index finger was pushed (gently) twice into my upper arm -- it was really was a poking action.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Index finger was pushed (gently) twice into my upper arm -- it was really was a poking action.
        I think that definitely counts as a poke.

I can see that the FAs would want to complete everything to do with the duty free in one go as they have other duties and would not want to forget anything. However in this case they should mention this to the passenger that they will return shortly so they know and do not go to sleep. If the passenger has been informed they will be returning but still decides to go to sleep then I think it is reasonable for the FA to wake them. Although I would recommend an alternative to the poke as a more appropriate method.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Wouldn't you consider that as being 'fingered'?

Comment

ooooh!! getting spicy!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              Wouldn't you consider that as being 'fingered'?
              I'm sooo not touching that comment.

Oh all right, I changed my mind: you must have a very different sensitivity compared to me with respect to being touched on your upper arm.

Mrs 9V-JKL, please take note.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                However in this case they should mention this to the passenger that they will return shortly so they know and do not go to sleep.
                Sorry I don't agree. If there are more than 7 hours to go before the landing formalities, it's the passenger's prerogative IMHO to fall asleep.

Comment

I personally do not think that a passenger should be awakened at all in this particular instance. However, if I have to wake a pax up, I would gently tap him on the shoulder. I think poking is rude. Maybe the FA wanted to check out jjpb3's biceps?

Completely OT - I always wake my travel companions up by pulling their duvet away and singing 'Morning has broken' at the top of my voice.

Comment

Is that just the ones you know or EVERYONE on the same flight phaleesy?!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      I always wake my travel companions up by pulling their duvet away and singing 'Morning has broken' at the top of my voice.
                      I'd have chosen something a little more contemporary..... like

"Good morning Baltimore" from hairspray

Comment

Originally posted by Snaffled View Post
                        Is that just the ones you know or EVERYONE on the same flight phaleesy?!
                        Why don't you fly with me and find out?

Actually, I wasn't really clear in my previous post. What I meant was that I drag the duvets/sing etc in the hotel rooms, not during the flights.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        I'd have chosen something a little more contemporary..... like

"Good morning Baltimore" from hairspray
                        I don't know why but somehow songs from childhood stick in my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                          Really? I always get the green kebayas (LSS) who helped with the orders, rather than the blue ones. I think only the LSS will do the Krisshop duties onboard.
                          The LSS is in charge of the Krisshop duties and earns the commission from it (I think).
                          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                          X