Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH pulling final US flights

LAX flights to end on 30 April.

Many will say 'at last' since they haven't made money flying to the US since the stone age but fair play for them for finally tell the politicians in Malaysia, who try and dictate where they fly regardless of how much the route loses, to butt out.

Membership of OW will also help as they can now offer connections to the US anyway.

Finally, after Buenos Aires.

Comment

Hope that means more business for SQ

I'd hate to see SQ stop flying to US too

Comment

From six continents to three in two years. Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

I think CX'll pick up the pieces more than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post

No way SIA's gonna stop flying to US; We're talking about linking two major financial centres. Lots of SIA's premium business comes from baking executives.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ22 View Post
              No way SIA's gonna stop flying to US; We're talking about linking two major financial centres. Lots of SIA's premium business comes from baking executives.
              Quite - it's all about those yummy cakes these days

Isn't there rumours of starting a JFK tag-on to LHR? Of course, I'm certainly not holding my breath...

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post

Isn't there rumours of starting a JFK tag-on to LHR? Of course, I'm certainly not holding my breath...
                I'm hoping SQ will have a JV with BA

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post

I have also heard they will drop SIN > MUC > MAN and replace it with SIN > MUC & SIN > MAN > JFK. Although I would like to see this i doubt it will happen.

Comment

I vaguely remember some time ago there was a rumour about SQ flying SIN-MUC-ORD. Unfortunately at this point SQ seems quite prudent about its long-haul operations, with little growth in the near term. Other airlines are quickly launching services or increasing frequencies, such as EK's MXP-JFK, CX's HKG-ORD, Chinese airlines' North American services.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                      I have also heard they will drop SIN > MUC > MAN and replace it with SIN > MUC & SIN > MAN > JFK. Although I would like to see this i doubt it will happen.
                      That one's early this year, it's usually the summer when those rumours start again.

MH are considering KUL-MAN-JFK/EWR as well, apparently. Someone in S.E. Asia has obviously recently discovered this new and undiscovered gateway in the North West of England.....

Comment

Now that the non-stops have ceased operations, it's hard to choose SQ when flying to the US. CX wins on frequencies and destinations. And so do KE, NH, BR, etc, but unlike CX, the latter don't have frequent connections from their hubs to Singapore. When you consider flying from KUL, CGK, etc, CX offers 1-stop options, while SQ can only offer 2-stops.

I wonder why SQ doesn't just focus on 1 or 2 hub cities in the US and provide increased frequencies. Maybe post ASEAN open skies in 2015, use MNL as a transit point for increased frequencies to the west coast until longer haul planes are delivered.....SQ can also push for approvals to start flying correctly timed flights on SIN-CGK-MNL-SIN to increase premium demand for the trans Pacific flights.
                        Last edited by 259850; 4 February 2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          I think CX'll pick up the pieces more than anyone else.
                          You are right.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                            Maybe post ASEAN open skies in 2015, use MNL as a transit point for increased frequencies to the west coast until longer haul planes are delivered.....SQ can also push for approvals to start flying correctly timed flights on SIN-CGK-MNL-SIN to increase premium demand for the trans Pacific flights.
                            MNL ?. Premium demand ??.

How man ex-CGK SQ pax do you think would want to SIN via MNL ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              MNL ?. Premium demand ??.

How man ex-CGK SQ pax do you think would want to SIN via MNL ?.
                              I know MNL is not great for premium demand...I suggested MNL purely because the supposed ease of getting 5th freedom once ASEAN open skies kicks in. MNL is probably the only capital in Asia that is within a non-stop flight to the West Coast.

I suggested the wierd SIN-CGK-MNL-SIN route as a way to supplement premium passengers to the MNL-LAX/SFO segment. This way ex-CGK premium passengers can fly SQ on CGK-MNL-LAX/SFO, resulting in a one-stop flight. I can't imagine anyone actually flying CGK-MNL-SIN. But there must be some demand for CGK-MNL.....given the number of Filipino CFOs I see in Jakarta these daya.

I know...too many assumptions on how exactly ASEAN open skies will be implemented. All these should be taken in the context of fantasy route-planning we do on this forum from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X