Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QF Gold extended again

Qantas FF

I have hardly flown ONE WORLD in the last 2 years. So 12 months ago, I expected to be downgraded from GOLD to SILVER, but no, QF sent me a new gold card stating that they extended it for one year even though I did not manage to qualify but that I would have to qualify next year.

FF one year, they sent me another GOLD card this year, extending my GOLD status for another year....

Well, if I don't fly, it costs them nothing, and it provides me with a carrot to fly them again... great strategy.

But, somehow SQ does not think that way .....

It is known QF has a habit of doing this, but the complimentary extension is valid only once per membership number though (hidden benefit).
    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Well the op has had it twice proving you wrong lowjhg
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
        It is known QF has a habit of doing this, but the complimentary extension is valid only once per membership number though (hidden benefit).
        This is incorrect. To date, Qantas has extended my QFF status for another year without me hitting the required Status Credits 3 times. Once as Gold and twice as Platinum. The last extension was given even when I have 0 SC in my account.

Other posters in the AFF forum indicated that QF takes into account the total accumulated SC over the last few years rather than just the membership year.

If your average SC is sufficiently large enough to qualify for another year of membership at the same level, the extension will be offered.

Comment

Working...
        X