Lion Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion Air

Lion Air really is the most innovative carrier out there these days. After their "direct-to-beach" special service, they now have a "direct-to-satay-restaurant" as an encore...

The cow, however, was crushed to death under one of the Boeing 737-900's middle wheels, head of Jalaluddin airport Agus Pramuka said.

The pilot, Iwan Permadi, told state-run Antara news agency he could smell "burning meat" as the jet ran over the animal.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...g-cow-20130807

Indonesian plane skids off runway after hitting cow

JAKARTA (AFP) - An Indonesian passenger jet crashed into a cow and skidded off the runway as it came into land at an airport in the centre of the archipelago, officials said on Wednesday.
    No one was killed or seriously injured when the Lion Air plane carrying 110 passengers collided with one of three cows wandering on the runway as it arrived late Tuesday in Gorontalo, on Sulawesi island.
    The cow, however, was crushed to death under one of the Boeing 737-900's middle wheels, head of Jalaluddin airport Agus Pramuka said.
    The pilot, Iwan Permadi, told state-run Antara news agency he could smell "burning meat" as the jet ran over the animal.

After fastest way to the beach, freshest beef satay?

Comment

I saw a comment on the CNA's Facebook post regarding this incident that said "Free beef rendang then, I guess"
      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Why was there three cows wandering on the runway?

Comment

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
          Why was there three cows wandering on the runway?
          This explains why Indonesia is still a FAA Cat 2 country. A lot of domestic airports in Indonesia especially those in the eastern provinces like Gorontalo are very poorly built with uneven runways and poorly maintained. Some of these airports, including GTO, are also very poorly lit with no ILS so arriving in the evening time is always very risky to start with.
          Last edited by UMD; 8 August 2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I secretly hope that Lion can provide satay ON a beach to pax as compensation.

Comment

Cow tipping anyone?

Comment

I blame the cow. And the lack of fencing.

Comment

Working...
                X