• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BA's A380 & 787 configs confirmed

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...yout-confirmed

about par for the course. Doesn't look particularly outstanding

Comment

1-2-1 for lower deck F sounds promising. Suggests that it would not fit on the upper deck forward section. Also appears to have no pitch-overlap unlike current New F.

Comment

The centre seats in Club World look quite squeezy.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          The centre seats in Club World look quite squeezy.
          Looks even 'cozier' than what TG have put on their A388s...I still love the space one one has on SQ's 'new' J.
          /Desert Traveller

Comment

3-3-3 in economy on the 787...not a good trend. The JAL 787 with 2-4-2 is very comfortable.

Comment

Flew on the FRA A380 flights today - here are some of the photos. It's only a very small selection from the 200+ I took today, but I have no idea when I will be able to publish the full selection so this will have to do for now!

The Whale. I must say, the BA livery is one of the better looking ones on the A380.

The lower deck WT cabin. I was happy with the comfort of the seat itself, but a non-bulkhead/exit row seemed quite cramped, especially with the IFE box under some of the seats.

As there was no Airshow, I had to make my own arrangements...

The upper deck WT+ cabin. WT+ seats obviously same as the 77W seats, but I think it benefits from the narrower cabin width layout and the side lockers.

The meal on the way back. Not as good as it looked, I thought...

The CW seats - same seat, new colour.

The middle CW seat on the Upper Deck. I won't be queueing up for it, that's for sure.

The NF cabin. It's quite sobering to think they've put the same number of seats on the A380 as they have on the 744, when the floor space must be at least 50% bigger on the A380. And it shows.

NF seats - the extra space makes a huge difference. It feels actually quite pleasant and spacious, not hemmed in like a glorified J seat.

Approach into LHR - view from 4K.

Cockpit visit. The flight crew were as enthusiastic about the aircraft as we were

Comment

[QUOTE=stargold;178663]

[\QUOTE]

can I know what app is this....?
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

It does indeed look way more spacious than then 744!

Have to say, they've got the makings of a winner on this bird... but is there actually more storage space or not? Couldn't find any beyond the magazine rack on the 744 two weeks back...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post

The OP should confirm, but I believe it is GPS Test.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tcross.gpstest

(I have it as well and it is very good).

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                      Originally posted by stargold View Post

Originally posted by dj_jay_smith View Post

Yup, GPS Test It does indeed work very well, even at 45,000 feet

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      It does indeed look way more spacious than then 744!

Have to say, they've got the makings of a winner on this bird... but is there actually more storage space or not? Couldn't find any beyond the magazine rack on the 744 two weeks back...
                      The closet is now big enough for a rollaway, and there is a small storage box next to the seat controller which should be enough for most things excl. laptop. And there is just a lot of space all around, which means you can easily leave your bags around the seat without encroaching on the bed surface area. Very nice overall.

Comment

Some more photos of the F cabin:

The seat now has a much steeper angle from the fuselage line, which can be seen in this photo. I can see that this is also what allowed them to include the storage box.

Much better privacy thanks to the high walls around the seats.

Storage box contains all the electrical connections and the IFE controller as well.

Seat in fully flat position.

Motorised two-stage blinds - this is the first stage. Very nicely done, although quite squeaky!

Comment

Originally posted by dj_jay_smith View Post

good, thanks, will try at my next flight on Wed.
                          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

stargold, brilliant pics! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the opportunity (or any excuse) to fly these birds!

Comment

The NF cabin. It's quite sobering to think they've put the same number of seats on the A380 as they have on the 744, when the floor space must be at least 50% bigger on the A380. And it shows.
                              BA's 14 seat F cabin on the 744, along with 8 across in JCL, is a real p*ss take in this day and age. However, if F on the 380 is indeed much more spacious then that's a start. On row 4 and 5 on the 744 you are almost squeezing between the seats!

Some more photos of the F cabin:

The seat now has a much steeper angle from the fuselage line, which can be seen in this photo. I can see that this is also what allowed them to include the storage box.
                              Hallelujah!. They've added a storage box/area to their First Class Seat.

Comment

Working...
                              X