Jetstar A330 to Osaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetstar A330 to Osaka

According to Jetstar's website, Jetstar would be launching 3x weekly SIN-KIX on their A332. This is in addition to the 2-3x daily SIN-TPE-KIX and SIN-MNL-KIX A320 flights. Prices for the new flights starts from S$168 one-way including taxes!

JQ 63
    Departs: 22:30 PM, Sun, Nov 11, 2012 - Singapore -
    Arrives: 6:00 AM, Mon, Nov 12, 2012 - Osaka
    Flight duration: 6 hrs 30 mins
    Aircraft Type: Airbus A330
    Business cabin available: Yes
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Hey that's fantastic news! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Looks like Jetstar will be cancelling its A332 SIN-PEK and SIN-KIX services. Guess JQ could not sustain the losses any further. However freq will be upped on the SIN-MEL sector.

Info from Airline Route:
      Singapore – Osaka Kansai eff 02NOV13 4 weekly service cancelled
      Singapore – Beijing eff 01DEC13 3 weekly service cancelled
      Melbourne – Singapore eff 18DEC13 Service increases from 5 to 6 weekly
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Oh wow. And I was hoping try their new 787 on intra asia routes..

Comment

Good riddance to Jetstar on the non-stop SIN-PEK, SIN-KIX.

They will still fly to KIX on one-stop flights. I hope they will drop SIN-AKL.

No to airlines masquerading as Singapore carriers when in fact it is Qantas controlling behind.

Comment

Why are you hoping airlines dropping routes?
            Last edited by j.lin; 7 September 2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
              Why are you hoping airlines dropping routes?
              I just dislike the Qantas group with a passion. Especially any airlines that steals SQ's business. EK is no 2 of my most disliked carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                No to airlines masquerading as Singapore carriers when in fact it is Qantas controlling behind.
                Yes to airlines providing competition to prevent monopolies and abuse of such. Its the struggle to adapt to increasing competition from years of the 'we are untouchable' mindset that is causing many of SQ's problems.

If SQ are the home based carrier and they are not adapting to certain market segments then what does it matter if someone else fills the gap. Besides, aren't SQ supposed to only be interested in the top end of the market ?. Looking at the treatment of their own KF Gold's it would appear so. I don't think Jetstar are chasing the market segment SQ seem to be so obsessed with.

Singapore, Singaporeans, expats working in Singapore and Changi Airport in particular have benefitted from Singapore not being protectionist over access to Changi.

It's extremely unlikely I will ever fly on Jetstar to or from SIN myself, but I welcome more competition on any route as that means us pax should benefit.

I presume you are against TR operating in Australia ?.
                Last edited by MAN Flyer; 8 September 2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Competition is good. And casualties will occur from time to time. Mostly for the better..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Competition is good. And casualties will occur from time to time. Mostly for the better..
                    I'm confused.

Some say competition is good because prices come down. Good for consumers.

Casualties will occur.

But when casualties too high, competition is no good.

Look at objections now to US/AA merger.

Listen at what consumers in US are complaining about now: Underserved airports. Monopoly routes.

Comment

I just dislike the Qantas group with a passion. Especially any airlines that steals SQ's business. EK is no 2 of my most disliked carriers.
                      Haha stealing SQ's business, I guess SQ has never stole any QF/BA customers on the kangaroo route? EK is simply doing what SQ did to QF.

Comment

Zilchster, with that attitude, maybe we should ban Singapore Airlines from stealing all Qantas passengers from Australian cities. And kick tiger out of Australia as well. Think before you post absolute rubbish as you obviously have no idea about anything.

Comment

The last fanboy are we? I still generally still like SQ, but nowadays EK is my hero not least because their competition keeps SQ (somewhat) honest...

Oh and I quite like their F suites too.

Comment

It is not so much that airlines are stealing passengers from SQ, it is that SQ are giving them an option they cannot refuse, by pricing themselves at crazy stupid levels. You'd have to be bonkers in many cases to even pick SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                              It is not so much that airlines are stealing passengers from SQ, it is that SQ are giving them an option they cannot refuse, by pricing themselves at crazy stupid levels. You'd have to be bonkers in many cases to even pick SQ.
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X