Kingfisher join OW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingfisher join OW

I found this from OW website. I thought Kingfisher is about to bankrupt??

http://www.oneworld.com/news-informa...objectID=27798
    visit my blog

I think some people are almost making bets whether Kingfisher will cease operations or join OW first. I find it odd that an alliance would admit a new partner having such well publicized severe problems, financial or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
      I think some people are almost making bets whether Kingfisher will cease operations or join OW first. I find it odd that an alliance would admit a new partner having such well publicized severe problems, financial or otherwise.
      yeah... bad reputation for OW.

but OW member not new to bankruptcy right? JL, AA, now kingfishet
      visit my blog

Comment

It's a sure fire way of getting a OW member to buy into the airline and turn it around whilst maybe upsetting the government less.

Comment

Oneworld postpones strapped Kingfisher's entrance

http://atwonline.com/airline-finance...-entrance-0203

Oneworld postpones strapped Kingfisher's entrance

By Aaron Karp | February 6, 2012

Troubled Kingfisher Airlines (IT) received more bad news Friday when oneworld put the Indian carrier's entrance into the alliance, which had been planned for Feb. 10, "on hold."

Oneworld said IT needs "time to strengthen its financial position" (ATW Daily News, Jan. 6). The carrier became a oneworld-member elect in 2010 (ATW Daily News, June 8, 2010).

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Oneworld said IT needs "time to strengthen its financial position" (ATW Daily News, Jan. 6). The carrier became a oneworld-member elect in 2010 (ATW Daily News, June 8, 2010).
            Hey, what about MH??

Comment

Although I have to give up the opportunity to become an immediate OW Gold (being an IT Platinum) member, I think OW makes the right decision this time by delaying the entrance of IT until the airline has sorted itself out.

I guess the big guys at OW has finally learned a few things or so from the recent ceasing of operations by Mexicana and Malev.

Comment

Kingfisher appeals to pilots to show up for work

Kingfisher appeals to pilots to show up for work

By: MAVIS TOH SINGAPORE

Ailing Indian carrier Kingfisher Airlines is appealing to its pilots to show up for work and to the tax authorities to unfreeze its bank accounts as speculation about its possible shutdown continues.

The country's tax department froze the airline's bank accounts for the fourth time last week, after it failed to make outstanding payments on 29 February.

"We are trying our best to cooperate with the tax authorities and get our accounts unfrozen at the earliest so that normalcy could be restored, employee salaries paid and further aircraft recoveries started," said the airline's vice-president of corporate communications, Prakash Mirpuri.

He added that chief executive Sanjay Aggarwal met with some pilots to "appeal to them not to stay away from flying duties" to avoid potentially affecting the airline's operating schedule.

However, the Indian media reported that Aggarwal met with the pilots on 1 March, could not commit on when the salaries will be paid and even threatened a shutdown when the pilots said they may not fly unless they are paid.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...r-work-369079/

Comment

I don't understand why they don't just end IT's misery now.

Apparently, there are also the income taxes of all the employees that IT has failed to pay to the Indian government.

Comment

Working...
                  X