Options for LHR-NYC: Help me choose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options for LHR-NYC: Help me choose

Hi, I am planning a trip for my parents in December. They will be in Paris at the time and would like to visit me here in the states.

Am planning to travel on Premium Economy but if price is too good to pass up, Economy can also be considered.

Was hoping some of you could give some opinions on this popular route and which is the best etc.

At the moment it seems that BA premium econ is the best choice, but Virgin's same class of travel is MYR1000 cheaper. Any thoughts on this?

Also, I intend to travel back with them (one-way). But looking at prices, one way tickets are more expensive than return tickets. This is very weird. What happens if I just buy a return ticket but only use one leg?

Hope you guys can help. Thanks. Apologies if I missed out on any details so just ask!

Have you looked at Openskies PAR-NYC?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      Have you looked at Openskies PAR-NYC?
      +1 Put your parents on with Openskies. The product kicks any other airlines PE product out the water and is actually marketed as a Biz seat. Prices at 1000EUR return are pretty darn good for a direct flight too.

Once again though you will find that a one-way is more expensive than a return.
      Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Wow I never knew of this. Let me look at it for a bit. Looks pretty awesome.

Comment

What happens if I buy a two way ticket but only show up for one leg?

Return ticket = €1000
          One-way = €1600

Doesn't make much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jani View Post
            What happens if I buy a two way ticket but only show up for one leg?

Return ticket = €1000
            One-way = €1600

Doesn't make much sense.
            Can, so long as you show up for the first leg.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              Can, so long as you show up for the first leg.
              Seconded. Some airlines you may even be able to get the miles if you just online check in but don't show up! *I think........*

Comment

I read on other forums that if you miss the first leg, your ticket is canceled altogether.

That means if I show up for the outgoing leg, but miss the return, nothing happens, right?

Can I even cancel in advance and ask for a refund?

Comment

That means if I show up for the outgoing leg, but miss the return, nothing happens, right?

Re: point one - No. Nothing at all.

Re: Point two - No, if you read your fare rules they usually state: If cancel before first flight, XXX amount for refund fee, if cancel after first flight, no refund provided. But, that's what I've usually seen, you should read your fare rules before any purchase

Comment

I read on other forums that if you miss the first leg, your ticket is canceled altogether.

Yup

Nope.. Don't try it.. they will then price it as a one-way and ask you for the extra cash.

Just accept that if you want to travel one-way you will have to pay the return price. But If you work it out with your parents fare then it still only works out as around 600 euro each for each leg. Pretty good deal IMO

Comment

You will be interested in this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...l#post16993835

You pay 99$ and you will get $499 off your openskies ticket

Comment

Checking that out now. Thanks. Will report about it in a bit.

Comment

FRA-JFK is a cheap redemption using Krisflyer miles...

Comment

^^ I've done that just last month Didn't enjoy the 747 though.

Anyway, I've done that Rue La La coupon and managed to save some money. Total came in to approx US$1,600 return so that is pretty good. EWR-ORY is much more expensive than ORY-EWR though.

Thanks a bunch to pogonation and everyone else in this thread, really appreciate it!

If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't even look at Open Skies!

Comment

Working...
                            X