CX 343's on AKL-HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX 343's on AKL-HKG

Anyone know what version of J class seat they have on this route ?.

I know virtually nothing about CX, save for them suffering years of complaints about their regional J class seats and long haul 'coffins'. Their new J looks fabulous, but I am sure that won't be on 343's to AKL. Does AKL get those coffins or a regional seat ?.

MTIA.

Coffins
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Anyone know what version of J class seat they have on this route ?.

I know virtually nothing about CX, save for them suffering years of complaints about their regional J class seats and long haul 'coffins'. Their new J looks fabulous, but I am sure that won't be on 343's to AKL. Does AKL get those coffins or a regional seat ?.

MTIA.

CX 343s are all equipped with the long haul "coffin" seats and will not be retrofitted with the new long haul J products (at least no evidence to indicate otherwise).
      When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

Are the coffins really that bad of a seat? Also can't be worse than the regional J seats?

Comment

Originally posted by k3nnis View Post
          Are the coffins really that bad of a seat? Also can't be worse than the regional J seats?
          They are fine just slightly narrow (more the narrowness between the panels than the seat itself that's the issue). I find them quite comfy though! A massive upgrade from regional.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
            They are fine just slightly narrow (more the narrowness between the panels than the seat itself that's the issue). I find them quite comfy though! A massive upgrade from regional.
            btw any idea what is that thing on that seat belt (that padded things) on that A343? I never see such thing in any other airlines including CX 733 and A333
            visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
              btw any idea what is that thing on that seat belt (that padded things) on that A343? I never see such thing in any other airlines including CX 733 and A333
              an airbag

Comment

I really like the 'coffins'. Did my first long haul SIN-SFO on CX a couple of months ago and found the seat really comfy and loved the sense of privacy. Service was excellent as well. I can see why some would not like them. Also they are absolutely useless if travelling with a companion and you want to have a chat.

Also did CX new F yesterday which was very good indeed. And doing the new business class today .... will try and take some pics.

Better than SQ IMHO and Studio CX knocks the socks of Krisworld.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                  an airbag
                  ok... what it is actually for?
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                    ok... what it is actually for?
                    To make passengers feel more comfortable?

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                      To make passengers feel more comfortable?
                      Not sure about "comfortable" during the flight (it's quite bulky), but definitely in a crash.

Comment

ok... got it....

btw, i notice on CX flight when they make announcement, they hardly say "Thank you for flying with Cathay Pacific a member of One World" not like in SQ, they will always say " ...... Singapore Airlines, a member of Star Alliance"...

why le?
                        visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                        X