GMP-SHA with MU + ICN-SIN with SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMP-SHA with MU + ICN-SIN with SQ

On January 15th, I turned my computer on and was staring at Google Maps. I wasn't looking at Europe, Africa or America but somewhere within 3 hours flight time from ICN. After a few minutes of looking at Google Maps, the destination was decided, that is Shanghai.

I initially booked with China Southern Airlines (ICN-PVG) however a few days later, I realized that I had to change the departure date, only to avail that my ticket with CZ doesn't allow any departure date change.

I phoned CZ office in Seoul to ask for a refund minus refund penalty however Seoul office tells me that because I booked online on cz.com, I have to call Guangzhou headquarter to get a refund.

SEL CZ Agent says:
    "You booked your ticket on cz.com, so you have to call Guangzhou"

Me says:
    "I booked cz.co.kr (CZ's korean website), so you should be able to take care of this, besides this ticket is ex-ICN"

SEL CZ Agent says:
    "No, because you booked on cz.com, you have to call Guangzhou HQ. This is the same for every other airlines"

Me says:
    "So what you are saying is, if I booked my ex-ICN SQ ticket from SQ.com, I have to call SIN HQ? I have always been able to solve my problems with SQ SEL office"

This goes on for a few minutes and I gave up. I picked up my phone to call Guangzhou HQ only to find out automated answering machine says "The line is busy, Please call back later" for hours and hours. Next day, a miracle happened. I got through to a living person !!

CZ HQ agent says:
    "This is reservation department, you have to call Refund Department"

I was like , so I called Refund Department.

CZ HQ Refund Department says:

"Send an e-mail to rfd.czair blah blah"

So, a lesson learned, DON'T BOOK CZ TICKET FROM CZ WEBSITE !!! BOOK WITH A TA. BUT DON'T FLY WITH CZ IN THE FIRST PLACE !!

So finally, I booked a MU ticket, departing from Gimpo to Hongqiao. I seriously wish SQ has a flight to GMP like it does to HND. Yes, the airport interior is bad, lounge is bad, there's nothing but duty free pick up desk in the airside but who cares, this is just amazingly convenient !!

Please pardon me, I only took a few photos during flight because there was nothing spectacular.

Here I am sitting in A321 of MU posing with my sexy legs like Jessica of Malaysia.

My seat was next to an emergency seat however I could turn my head to right hand side by 160 degrees to get this picture. All Nippon Airways from HND arriving late. If you look at the background, you can see a B737BBJ of Samsung.

I appreciated a very generous pitch of my seat.

OK, talking about the food, it is just bad. There's no other word to describe but just bad. I found out that this meal is served on all ICN-PVG and GMP-SHA vice versa. They load this nonsense from Shanghai and serve on PVG/SHA-ICN/GMP on both sectors. Rice was hard, bread tasted like rubber, the only saving grace was fruit.

Talking about IFE, we can never expect something like SQ IFE. The IFE on MU on ICN/GMP-PVG/SHA consists of commercial advertisements.

So I arrived in SHA, grabbed a taxi to Pullman Shanghai. It was just a pain in my butt to communicate with this taxi driver.

I asked "Let's go to Pullman Skyway Shanghai"

His reply "Pu-Te-Man?"

Oh jeez, I should have found out how to pronounce Pullman Skyway in Mandarin. Anyway, he called the hotel number and found out how to get there. Ok folks, FYI Pullman Skyway is pronounced as "Pu-Er-Man Se-Ke-wei" in Mandarin.

I arrived at the lobby, handed hotel voucher printed from expedia.com.

Hotel Guy: "We upgraded you to Junior Suite however your rate doesn't include breakfast"

So I pointed out "Breakfast - Included" on my voucher, he calls his supervisor and came up with this reply.

Hotel Guy: "Sometimes Expedia information is wrong", he also pointed my next say at Grand Mercure Zhongya Shanghai voucher that doesn't say anything about breakfast.

Me says: "Of course dude, look, it's executive room, it automatically comes with breakfast. Stop this nonsense man".

After a few minutes of blah blah, they decided to honor the rate.

FYI, this is the welcome gift they are talking about on a-club.com. I also received green apples instead of red apples at Grand Mercure as well.

Here are some food pictures. I won't comment anything about it because nothing was spectacular. I must say Peking Duck is just way too fatty for my taste. It's just too fatty compared to what I used to eat in Malaysia when I was a kid.

Next, SQ + SIN pictures.

Comment

After staying 3 nights in Shanghai, I came back to ICN on January 21st evening, slept at ICN airport hotel, woke up next day morning to catch SQ603 to Singapore. However on this day, I was connecting to MI to KUL in SIN to see Jessica.

Here's my sexy leg shot again, sitting in 31K. As a Y traveller, I love this eat. Huge leg room + 2 windows for myself.

It was snowing heavily from previous day. We had to go through de-icing process which took additional 1.5 hours, I almost didn't make MI flight to KUL.

In Kuala Lumpur, Jessica brought me to a chinese hawker restaurant located somewhere near Dorsett Regency Hotel on Jalam Imbi. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Jessica.

After 3 nights stay, I went to KUL LCCT to take AK flight to SIN, transferring to SQ235 to BNE. After arrival in SIN, I took EW MRT line to Raffles Place to meet Mr Kyo. This was my second time "meeting" him.

The first time I met him was at Changi Airport through glass. To elaborate:

Mr Kyo was heading to KUL with 3K so I was waiting him at a cafe next to check-in counter in T1 landside. Due to miscommunication, he went airside to look for this cafe. By the time he realized, it was too late to come back to landside

Ok, get back to TR, Mr Kyo told me that he knows a place in Singapore with killer views and he was going to bring me there. Indeed, this place has the best view of the Singapore.

Comment

I'm sure you guys know this place by now, yes, Tower Club of Singapore. I believe Dent@SUB covered this place from his TR.

After chit-chatting with Mr Kyo, we went down to Satay Street, I never thought they would have a small street closed just for satays

By the time we started eating, it was 7:40PM, my flight leaves at 9:15PM. Mr Kyo kept reassuring me that I would make my flight but to be honest, I was a bit skeptical We grabbed a taxi at 8:05PM, we arrived at T3 at 8:30PM, got myself into a quick shower at 8:40PM, got to the gate at 9:00PM sharp.

Thank you for the adrenalin boost Mr Kyo lol

Ok, this is the end of my TR.

Next TR will be GMP-HND-CTS-HND-GMP starting next Tuesday, I will cover "Snow Festival", GMP and HND lounge extensively.

Thank you.

Comment

I agree that GMP is a better airport due to the location. PVG-ICN serves the same lousy meal too.

You live in Seoul? Im going back on the feb via SQ608 J.

Comment

Nice to have met you and honoured to be mentioned in this lovely TR!

Didn't expect you were gonna post pics of the club... but yes, before satay, I could tell you were skeptical, that's why I told you to make sure to get your BP first before leaving Changi... hehe

(Still maintaining my 100% never-miss-a-flight record out of SIN despite coming close many times...)

Comment

Originally posted by webbyboy View Post
              I agree that GMP is a better airport due to the location. PVG-ICN serves the same lousy meal too.

You live in Seoul? Im going back on the feb via SQ608 J.
              Live in Brisbane and Seoul temporarily Let me know when you will be in Seoul, can meet up for a drink.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Nice to have met you and honoured to be mentioned in this lovely TR!

Didn't expect you were gonna post pics of the club... but yes, before satay, I could tell you were skeptical, that's why I told you to make sure to get your BP first before leaving Changi... hehe

(Still maintaining my 100% never-miss-a-flight record out of SIN despite coming close many times...)
              It was a very close call !!

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
                Here I am sitting in A321 of MU posing with my sexy legs like Jessica of Malaysia.
                I'm waiting for the right moment to unveil my version of Jessica's sexy legs. Rest assured, Jessica will turn green in envy LOL!

After staying 3 nights in Shanghai, I came back to ICN on January 21st evening, slept at ICN airport hotel, woke up next day morning to catch SQ603 to Singapore. However on this day, I was connecting to MI to KUL in SIN to see Jessica.

In Kuala Lumpur, Jessica brought me to a chinese hawker restaurant located somewhere near Dorsett Regency Hotel on Jalam Imbi. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Jessica.

After 3 nights stay, I went to KUL LCCT to take AK flight to SIN, transferring to SQ235 to BNE. After arrival in SIN, I took EW MRT line to Raffles Place to meet Mr Kyo. This was my second time "meeting" him.
                Geez, is it common for fellow sTalkers to fly somewhere just to meet Jessica? Does Jessica has a certain type on who she'll bring out on a date like this?

And Chuck Norris++++++ is involved in the TR as well. I wonder if Chuck Norris++++++ and Jessica come in a combo?

Enjoyed the TR by the way!

Comment

Glad to hear Jessica took good care of you. I must meet her soon !

Comment

great tr love the views of singapore will be heading there in May with family so must visit Tower Club

Comment

Live in Brisbane and Seoul temporarily Let me know when you will be in Seoul, can meet up for a drink.

It was a very close call !!
                      Sure, do you know what's on SQ608's lunch menu? my first time taking this flight.

Comment

Working...
                      X