No announcement yet.

French Toast, French Fries, French Kiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxious to hear if you got your lappie working again? Always sad to lose pics of a lovely holiday...

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
      So the score is SIN 7 - MAS 3 LOL!
      But there's one MAS here that's leased to SIN .....ME!

There are 2,854 registered Stalkers in SQsTalk vs. 4,759 registered MWingers in MW. But the trip report subforum in SQsTalk is open to be viewed to the public, whereas in MW the subforum is closed and a 'member restricted area only' even if for viewing.
      I guess I notice (i am an MWer btw) that MW's more spotting, model plane enthusiast as well as technical based, whereas SQTalk is a little bit more about the journeys themselves.

A question on "waypoint entry into the Honeywell FMC" is more likely to be answered in greater detail on MW than here.

A question on the intricacies of "married segment logic" would on the other hand, garner a more detailed response here. Just an observation. COuld be wrong though.

There are far more LAE's and tech crew there, and far more ticket, routing and FFP experts here.

Subtle difference. I definitely check MW every day - but I don't think they take girls too seriously over there !

Comment

Anxiously awaiting your TR, SilverKris!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          But there's one MAS here that's leased to SIN .....ME!

I guess I notice (i am an MWer btw) that MW's more spotting, model plane enthusiast as well as technical based, whereas SQTalk is a little bit more about the journeys themselves.

A question on "waypoint entry into the Honeywell FMC" is more likely to be answered in greater detail on MW than here.

A question on the intricacies of "married segment logic" would on the other hand, garner a more detailed response here. Just an observation. COuld be wrong though.

There are far more LAE's and tech crew there, and far more ticket, routing and FFP experts here.

Subtle difference. I definitely check MW every day - but I don't think they take girls too seriously over there !
          That made you an imported player (like Markus Gonzales of team INA). But you still scored for SIN nonetheless LOL!

Very surprised to know that while you are a MWer, you do/did not made yourself noticeable with your awe inspiring knowledge of aviation. Why Jessica?

I agree that MW is more technical, definitely more into aircraft spotting and flight simming than general aviation and trip reporting stuff, and also WAY less friendlier in general than SQT and that female members are hardly noticeable, but I think it is more because they don't make the efforts to establish themselves well over there. I am a member since September 2007 and along the years, I noticed a few female members come and go - Saadiah, Irni Mastura, Nur Asyikin Afifah, Liza and a current active silent reader, Zalina A, none of whom left a significant impact to the forum.

So who's to blame here?
          Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
          Anxiously awaiting your TR, SilverKris!
          Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Anxious to hear if you got your lappie working again? Always sad to lose pics of a lovely holiday...
          I was just being informed of the much dreaded news that the hard disc could not be recovered as it was completely burnt down by the short circuit incident that happened to the lappie. I am sad that even at this age's technology, things like this (hard disc could not be recovered) is still happening. Despite the losses, I have to let go and move on. Very bad start for 2011 for me.

Comment

As informed in my earlier post, the trip reportation could not proceed due to the total lost of the pictorial materials of the journey. I actually planned to do a very thorough and detailed trip reportations for this series, akin to that of 9MMAR of A.Net or Mohd Azizul Ramli of MalaysianWings, but alas luck was not on my side to mimic their trip reportation's writing styles in SQsTalk.

Nevertheless, here are some of the memories of French toast, French fries and French kisses that I collected during the journey. This portion of reportation was earlier meant for just a 'bridge' in between the flight reports.

Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport - Gateway into the city. The airport logo pictures a winged Eiffel. My flights were assigned at the old but 'avant garde' Terminal 1.

The icon of Paris and France, the most visited paid monument in the entire world - Eiffel Tower. 122 years old (built in 1889) and still standing proud. The very first thing I look for upon arrival in the city.

Arc de Triomphe - Probably the second most recognizable monument in the city. I didn't know that the rooftop is accessible (although with a fee).

Notre Dame de Paris - a date with Quasimodo, the fictitious hunchback bell-ringer of the cathedral.

Musée du Louvre - The set of Da Vinci Code. People all over the world come here to see Monalisa. Sadly I came visiting on Monday. Arghhh!!!

Note to self: Paris' museums close on Monday.

Basilique du Sacré-Cœur - the worst attraction place in my trip. Don't get the wrong idea, it's a holy place, but there are just so many beggars asking for money. Was hassled by a group of African boys forcing people to buy a type of amulet made of cloth while chanting "For the church, for the church". Had to run away climbing the stairs only to be greeted by a group of deaf people asking for money... Horrible!

Centre Georges Pompidou - an extremely well-known modern art museum in the entire world. Same ending like the Lourve. I felt like crying.

Champs-Élysées - I think this LV store is the crown jewel of this famous shopping strip. People are queuing to get in, complete with barricades and a queue minder. Crazy!

La Seine - a cruise on the serene river that circles Paris' historical district.

Nike store in Champs-Élysées - I can now say I shopped at Champs-Élysées. The local sales person who attended me was very friendly. According to her, I was her 5th Malaysian customers on that day alone. And that she has been to 'Ampang' for 'a management training'.

La Défense - Europe's largest CBD. This Grande Arche building is the centerpiece of the district.

Tour Montparnasse - a lesser-known attraction but I like it a lot. The tower is 210 meter tall, about the height of Maxis Tower in KLCC with an observation deck at level 59 and an open air rooftop which offer excellent view of the entire Paris region. Seems like one is on a higher vantage point than the Eiffel too (which is not the case actually). The orientation: Tour Montparnasse - Tour Eiffel - and La Défense at the further back.

Comment

And with that, I conclude this thread. Sorry for giving out hopes but failed to deliver.

I hope to be able to make a bang recovery soon.

Comment

Why Jessica?
                Who's jessica?

So who's to blame here?
                No one really - Aviation isn't really something girls get interested in

I hope to be able to make a bang recovery soon.
                Waiting with eager anticipation!

Comment

Who's jessica?
                  I don't think Maimunah fits you well LOL.

Aviation isn't really something girls get interested in
                  But would that make you 'ungirl'?

Waiting with eager anticipation!
                  After I got over the sadness. Can't even do anything now. *Background music: Numb by Linkin Park*

Comment

Awww, was looking forward to it. Nevermind, you can always start another TR if you fly to/back Jeddah next time

Btw, I'm confused, who is Jessica

Comment

Those sunflowers looked better than these:

Comment

I just noticed this..... were there any caps made by the french?

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Have you deleted the photos in your camera? You can transfer them again to your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                            Those sunflowers looked better than these
                            Thanks. I guess some steady hands and a little Photoshop skill might make your sunflowers look better than mine.

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                            I just noticed this..... were there any caps made by the french?
                            Which photos are you referring to Sir?

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                            Have you deleted the photos in your camera? You can transfer them again to your computer.
                            Negative. All posted here are all that I could recovered. I am still hoping for a miracle that an inspection of the hard disc by a different 'doctor' (probably those in Low Yat Plaza) will result in something favorable.

Comment

All posted here are all that I could recovered. I am still hoping for a miracle that an inspection of the hard disc by a different 'doctor' (probably those in Low Yat Plaza) will result in something favorable.
                              Ooh, you're back in KL?

Comment

Not yet but coming soon. For good. My time here is coming to an end. The farewell trip will be on EK though.

Comment

Working...
                                X