The Four Seasons Experience (LGK) on FY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Four Seasons Experience (LGK) on FY

This TR dates back to December 2008 when FY just started out with their Fokkers handed from big bro, MH

The journey starts at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah (Subang, SZB) airport. Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport. Until the 1998 opening of the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport served as Kuala Lumpur’s primary airport. Subang Airport is currently the hub for Berjaya Air and Firefly.

Berjaya Air operates a fleet of DeHavilland Dash 7 (STOL for Tioman and the recently axed Pangkor routes) and ATR72-500 aircraft.

Flight FY2048 to Langkawi was the one, and soon it was the all too familiar Fokker 50 on the tarmac.

For those who don’t already know, I have a soft spot for small turboprop aircrafts!

As you can see, the weather wasn't too pleasant and take off was rather bumpy, to say the least.

Inflight service was a drink. This is probably one of the rare pictures of the Fokker's interior.

We finally arrived at our destination – Four Seasons Resort Langkawi, after a short 20 minute ride from the airport. The driver mistakenly drove into the service entrance and we were greeted with grins and funny stares as he made an awkward 3-point turn toward the lobby.

Meet the Fokkers
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

The Room

A blend of Moorish and contemporary architecture (with the limited knowledge that I have), the Four Seasons Resort Langkawi is indeed a charming one.

Impeccable service, together with splendid landscaping and attention to detail make this place truly second to none.

Imagine not having someone to lay towels on your deck chair on the beach, or having to move it to adjust to the direction of the sun, cold face towels scented with lemongrass every other hour, bottled water automatically appears when yours is running low – the little things that matter, yet goes unnoticed in many establishments.

We stayed at the Lower Melaleuca Pavilion, probably around 70sqm.

The walk-in wardrobe was located on the left after the door, with shower stall and WC cubicle separately on the right.

In the middle was an island counter with two basins and a double sided mirror separating the two.

There is a set of doors on the other end of the bathroom that leads to a very nice outdoor tub for two. Kinky!

Comment

Food

Having a choice of breakfast either in the restaurant or at the villa, we had a try at both.

Friendly reminders that food should not be left unattended outside due to squirrels and birds which have taken a liking to human food was apt.

The food was good – but not great, perhaps due to expectations set high. Honestly, the breakfast was a dissapointment, especially that at the restaurant. But hey, with breakfast priced at RM 120 per person, and room rates starting from RM 1,700 per night – what would you expect?

Lunch was mostly by the beach, light stuff like pizza and beer. Wasn't too expensive for a Four Seasons though..

Dinners were more elaborate, and they didn't disappoint.

Sedap!

Not so sedap...

Ok lah..

Comment

Out and about...

Only thing with this resort is... You pay in excess of US$570 per night for a Four Seasons, you go to the very nice beach and what do you see?

A cement factory. Yes, a cement factory - the only one in Langkawi.

A shame really..

Nonetheless, the beach is fantastic! Sandy beach and clean water, we were there during jelly fish season so the resort put a net cordone on a stretch of beach to enable guests to swim.

My overall assessment - service was almost flawless but food could be improved.

The cement factory factor is something that would matter to me if I needed to decide between the Datai and Four Seasons Langkawi.

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post

A blend of Moorish and contemporary architecture (with the limited knowledge that I have), the Four Seasons Resort Langkawi is indeed a charming one.

*speechless*

Comment

Great pics man! I use to fly regularly on the F50's and F70's whilst in Norway and I have to say "Them Fokkers do fly!"
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                Meet the Fokkers
                Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                Great pics man! I use to fly regularly on the F50's and F70's whilst in Norway and I have to say "Them Fokkers do fly!"
                One of my few flights onboard a Fokker, more exciting than an ATR but less than a Dash

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                *speechless*
                Thanks, its HDR.

Comment

Very nice! Incidentally - that Cement plant is owned by La Farge. A colleague of mine used to work there, and he'd tell me they'd look across at the Four Seasons and think it was ruining their view too

Horses for courses!

Comment

Originally posted by leo View Post
                    One of my few flights onboard a Fokker, more exciting than an ATR but less than a Dash

Thanks, its HDR.
                    I don't know why, but I always have the scary feeling when I take that Fokker operated by MH, between Kota Kinabalu and Lahat Datu....
                    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Very nice indeed - but that cement factory means I won't be popping in except for a pizza... thanks for the heads up

Thanks for taking the time to compose those pics...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        Very nice! Incidentally - that Cement plant is owned by La Farge. A colleague of mine used to work there, and he'd tell me they'd look across at the Four Seasons and think it was ruining their view too

Horses for courses!
                        LOL yeah but your colleague doesn't pay to work at La Farge

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        I don't know why, but I always have the scary feeling when I take that Fokker operated by MH, between Kota Kinabalu and Lahat Datu....
                        Freaky Fokkers!!

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Very nice indeed - but that cement factory means I won't be popping in except for a pizza... thanks for the heads up

Thanks for taking the time to compose those pics...
                        Thanks for the inspiration hehe! I wouldn't have chose to stay there re cement factory, but I was hosted so it's a different story altogether

Comment

Excellent pics, leo.
                          Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Glorious photography!

Just a trivia, this resort was formerly owned by Malaysia Airlines, that is before they were forced to sell their assets and properties (including the 40 storey Head Quarters in downtown Kuala Lumpur) during their first Business Turnaround Plan in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              Excellent pics, leo.
                              Thanks for sharing.
                              Thanks for reading StarG

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
                              Glorious photography!

Just a trivia, this resort was formerly owned by Malaysia Airlines, that is before they were forced to sell their assets and properties (including the 40 storey Head Quarters in downtown Kuala Lumpur) during their first Business Turnaround Plan in 2006.
                              Thanks for the compliments and info SliverKris

Comment

Working...
                              X