No announcement yet.

A bumpy, yet nice flight: PVG-KUL-SIN with MH's Hospitality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I might be so bold - the first picture here has an accurate representation of what authentic Penang Char Koay Teow should look like! I hope you get to try it one day (in Penang, of course! Nobody does it accurately elsewhere! Except when I cook it myself... hoho)

http://reginatravel-foodparadise.blo...eow-jalan.html

Comment

Originally posted by Maxie773 View Post

Haha... The char kway teow and the hor fun is found in NUS. There is a restaurant in NUS called "Cafe on the Ridge" and its very good. The Prawn Mee comes from ION's food opera. There is a stall called "3rd generation laksa and prawn noodles" and its run by my cousin! The dry mee siam comes from a stall called "Oneh Oneh" in Parkway Parade.

You should try them sometime. They're good!
      OMG ! HAHAHA ! I have actually tried them all before !

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

If I might be so bold - the first picture here has an accurate representation of what authentic Penang Char Koay Teow should look like! I hope you get to try it one day (in Penang, of course! Nobody does it accurately elsewhere! Except when I cook it myself... hoho)

http://reginatravel-foodparadise.blo...eow-jalan.html
        That picture truly brings back memories of Penang ! mmm ... I remember eating 5 times a day ! Every meal had a plate of it !
        Oooh ! When you cook it yourself ? How much per plate ?

Comment

Nice TR! Glad you enjoyed MH..

Yeah the Char Kuey Teow looks abit anaemic.

Comment

Nice report, 2-5-2 seems like an uncomfortable seat combo unless you are wing aisle. Bad luck about the turbulence, I would have screamed for sure.

Comment

Only just saw this thread. Couldn't resist adding another link to a pic of an authentic penang char koay teow

http://www.penang-vacations.com/char-kway-teow.html

Damn makes me wanting some now. Have to wait till April to sample the authentic one again

Comment

Wow... Would love to try those authentic ones someday.
                Have never been to Penang before. Would love to go there someday too.

Comment

I put on a couple of kg reading this.

Liked looking at 2-5-2 seating on 777.

I'm beginning to think it's better than 3-3-3 seating

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                    I put on a couple of kg reading this.

Liked looking at 2-5-2 seating on 777.

I'm beginning to think it's better than 3-3-3 seating
                    Actually, it is, IMO I like the 2 seats because I get a window seat but I don't have to crawl over people unlike the standard 3 seats. Plus, families of 4 get to sit back to back.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      Actually, it is, IMO I like the 2 seats because I get a window seat but I don't have to crawl over people unlike the standard 3 seats. Plus, families of 4 get to sit back to back.
                      To compensate the poor middle seat PAX, they can make that seat a little wider

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        To compensate the poor middle seat PAX, they can make that seat a little wider
                        It's not that bad, it's about the same as taking a window seat on a 3-3-3

Comment

There was once where we were assigned a middle seat in the 2-5-2 configuration on MH. My parents didn't want to sit in the middle of the middle, so they asked me to sit there. It felt very tight and squeezy. I have never felt so squeezed on a plane before. What I hate the most is when my brother and father took all the armrests, leaving me with none...

Luckily, the flight wasn't full, so we switched to the window seats immediately once the doors were closed.

Comment

Working...
                          X