TR just cuz I need to vent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR just cuz I need to vent...

I am not an avid TR author, but I am having quite an annoying trip right now and might as well share it.

NW 1 (Biz Elite) LAX to NRT - Aug 31st
    NW 73 (Biz Elite) NRT to TPE - Sep 1st
    TG 607 (whY) TPE to HKG - Sep 3rd
    1-day excursion to Shenzhen and back to HK on Sep 4th
    NW 8 (Biz Elite) HKG to NRT - Sep 6th
    NW 2 (Biz Elite) NRT to LAX - Sep 6th

Well, its Sep 1st and I am still stuck in LAX. NW #1 yesterday was delayed (due to typhoon in Japan) and then a 'pump broke during landing' and flight cancelled. I just got word (after 20 hours) that it is now fixed. I am in half a mind to take today's scheduled flight instead.

Negatives:
    * I had 4 mtgs scheduled in Taipei on the 2nd which had to be shuffled around and re-scheduled for the 3rd and fly a colleage in from Korea to cover on the 2nd
    * Delta Crown Room in LAX sucks (NW now operates from the Delta terminal) - drinks and some piddly snacks
    * For their apology, NW is giving me a whopping 2500 WP miles and $50 off my next trip accompanied by $15 meal voucher

Positives:
    * NW is pretty decent in communicating their status
    * They gave hotel rooms for all passengers - I declined since I just went back home last night
    * Made friends with the local LAX coordinator so she had me booked on two flights today (delayed and the scheduled one) just in case

Well, I get back (hopefully) on the 6th unless LAX shuts down due to the fire. I then get back on SQ F on the 8th back to China (PVG via SIN). Hopefully I can share a more memorable experience next week

These two weeks will probably be spent ~40% either on a plane or at an airport. LAX (5x), NRT (4x), TPE (1x), HKG (2x), SIN (2x), PVG (2x)

Anyways, happy flying!

So.... they ended up giving me 50K WP miles - so kinda made up for it.
    Here are some pictures - sorry on the iPhone so not the best quality

Ample legroom in 10A

Starter and Soup

Main Course

Dessert (after eating some of it...)

Comment

Working...
    X