A journey to Sofia and back on CX/BA/QF/SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    One of the main reasons why I bank with MPC is that BAEC -- due to the lack of availability -- is practically worthless for my travels to SE Asia.
    BAEC also does not give any benefits regarding luggage allowance in Y, even for their own "elites". And seems to have gotten really stingy lately on excess luggage in general.

Comment

Originally posted by mosburger View Post
      BAEC also does not give any benefits regarding luggage allowance in Y, even for their own "elites".
      Although not officially announced yet, that's no longer true:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885953

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Albeit not officially announced yet, that's no longer true:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885953
        Whoops. But a nice change and hopefully we can get a OneWorld-wide luggage allowance similar to Star Gold in some time.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

In Sofia, did the traditional salad with cheese & mixed grill taste as good as it looks?

I must try the J product on BA and QF A380.

My Dad tried the BA product last month for the first time and raves about it. What initially put me off is the rearward facing window seat & you're staring at your neighbour.

Apart from being an inclined flat bed, is the QF 744 product like the QF A380 one?

IMHO, SQ should have developed a fully flat SpaceBed for A380/77W/A345.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
            My Dad tried the BA product last month for the first time and raves about it. What initially put me off is the rearward facing window seat & you're staring at your neighbour.
            Put the screen up and you don't see your neighbour at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
              In Sofia, did the traditional salad with cheese & mixed grill taste as good as it looks?
              They are very good, although - to me - not In-N-Out burger good.
              I like the cheese they use for the salad. It is perfect for salads.

Originally posted by 9V-SIA

Apart from being an inclined flat bed, is the QF 744 product like the QF A380 one?

IMHO, SQ should have developed a fully flat SpaceBed for A380/77W/A345.
              I had my doubts about the rearward facing seats on BA, but having tried it, it is not big deal.
              I kinda like it actually, sleeping with the wings visible outside the windows.

As jhm said, no issues with the neighbor. You may put the screen up right after pre-take off safety briefing and don't need to put it down for landing.

I am not sure how different the QF A380 J seats are compared to the B744 version.
              I prefer SQ's layout (1-2-1) than conventional layout (2-2-2 on main deck) even if the seats are completely flat. I missed having aisle access at the window seat on QF B744.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                Exactly what I thought. With J (hardware) product that good, I imagine not many people would want to pay much more for First Class.
                Although according to the FA on my flight, BA is revamping F in 2009 with just 9-10 suites in the nose of B744s.
                It's been announced that the F revamp has been postponed from 2009 ini order to cut costs next year.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  They are very good, although - to me - not In-N-Out burger good.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                  X