SQ319 LHR to SIN in Economy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ319 LHR to SIN in Economy...

I recently flew on SQ319 from LHR to SIN in Y. The first couple of hours into the flight and all was going smoothly, when my colleagues IFE handset went dead (no lights & couldn't change channels etc). Then about 5 minutes later my movies started breaking up, as did the movies of the other passenger seated in our row.

We reported to the stewardess and she rebooted our screens, but it didn't fix the issue(s). Then they rebooted again, still no fix. The flight was full so no upgrades or seat changes were possible

So the leading stewardess offered us some compensation, which after a few discussions turned out to be US$75 to spend in the Krisshop. She also arranged for the inflight operations manager (I think that was his title) to come & speak to us and apologise. We also got a pack of cards & a postcard each (I know you can get them for free just by asking, but its the thought that counts...)

Its a pity the IFE broke down half way thru the flight, but there isn't much they can do about that 10km in the air... the service we received was great, and even when leaving the plane all of the stewards/stewardesses that helped us acknowledged us by name and passed on their apologies. And after all that, I didn't miss the IFE too much anyway (I'd seen all the movies I wanted to see earlier in the month anyway).

So even though the IFE broke down, it was a good trip overall!

Cheers,

Super B Man

jeez..that's gotta be a torturing flight.

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
      jeez..that's gotta be a torturing flight.
      From my interpretation, super bean flicker was satisfied with his flight overall, even though the IFE broke down half way to the flight. So it was not a torturing flight. But again, I may be wrong ...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        From my interpretation, super bean flicker was satisfied with his flight overall, even though the IFE broke down half way to the flight. So it was not a torturing flight. But again, I may be wrong ...
        Oh..I was saying that from my point of view ~!

Comment

It was a long flight, but it was ok!

Comment

$75? Dang, and I thought the $50 that CX gave us Y passengers was generous.

I think apologies do make a difference to how the service recovery is perceived. I have my backup of a good book and couple of good magazines ready these days, after a few episodes of wonky IFE.

I'm glad the flight wasn't ruined for you, super bean flicker.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Recently, one of my friend flew from SIN to MEL on SQ 211 last friday.. It was a full flight and she got a seat which cannot be reclined, and she mentioned this to the cabin crew and they try to fix this. However, they couldn't do anything with this and there were no alternative seats available. As an apology, the IFS came to her and gave her USD 100 KrisShop voucher.

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
                Recently, one of my friend flew from SIN to MEL on SQ 211 last friday
                She should have flown tiger airways and put it to Krisflyer

Kidding

Comment

Three passengers sitting behind me whose IFE didn't work (the crew found three people who didn't care for the IFE and swapped them with those who were making a fuss, especially the posh British woman directly behind me) and were also offerred US$75 in Service Recovery. (SQ321 /01AUG07)

Comment

SQ319 in economy... forget it... i killed myself when i came back from world jam 07 at London... luckily got the last row... only me there so i got 2 seats to myself as it was a school month (august) load was 60& in economy and it really feels very claustrophobic. as usual IFE broke down (getting quite common on SQ 744... luckily there is the next seat... and maybe coz i looked pitiful... got USD$100 to spend in Krisshop (got a bear and a model 77w)

overall... although i got restless, the service was 6 stars... best i ever had in SQ y class!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      She should have flown tiger airways and put it to Krisflyer

Kidding
                      She did fly with Tiger airways to OOL... But she missed the original flights and had to be re-scheduled with paying extras...

*You know who am I referring to right?? Double D

Comment

Originally posted by super bean flicker View Post
                        I recently flew on SQ319 from LHR to SIN in Y. The first couple of hours into the flight and all was going smoothly, when my colleagues IFE handset went dead (no lights & couldn't change channels etc). Then about 5 minutes later my movies started breaking up, as did the movies of the other passenger seated in our row.

We reported to the stewardess and she rebooted our screens, but it didn't fix the issue(s). Then they rebooted again, still no fix. The flight was full so no upgrades or seat changes were possible

So the leading stewardess offered us some compensation, which after a few discussions turned out to be US$75 to spend in the Krisshop. She also arranged for the inflight operations manager (I think that was his title) to come & speak to us and apologise. We also got a pack of cards & a postcard each (I know you can get them for free just by asking, but its the thought that counts...)

Its a pity the IFE broke down half way thru the flight, but there isn't much they can do about that 10km in the air... the service we received was great, and even when leaving the plane all of the stewards/stewardesses that helped us acknowledged us by name and passed on their apologies. And after all that, I didn't miss the IFE too much anyway (I'd seen all the movies I wanted to see earlier in the month anyway).

So even though the IFE broke down, it was a good trip overall!

Cheers,

Super B Man
                        On UA, it's customary for elites to get $400 vouchers for an IFE problem. Usually they are only good on domestic flights, but you can call and ask to exchange it for an international one.

Comment

Dang! There were a few occasion on a full flight my IFE went down and after asked for a reboot and still not working, I just gave up. I should've been more demanding!

Comment

Working...
                          X