Hyotei - Kyoto Kaiseki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Exactly the same sentiments which phaleesy and I have! Whilst kaiseki was an interesting experience to try and definitely a feast for the eyes, it was far too delicate and bland for our uneducated tastebuds! We enjoyed much more everyday stuff like okonomiyaki, slurping big steaming bowls of ramen, katsudon, yakitori and sake in a bar etc.
    Glad to know you ate/enjoyed the Japanese food/drink 99% of the population eats/drinks on a daily basis.......

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      the temple we stayed in in Koyasan

[...]

I'll post some pictures in a separate thread.
      http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2726

Comment

wow that looks so delcious. so the most expensive kaiseki costs like 400 euros. i think it's totally worth it. wow. now i'm hungry.
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          jhm, awesome report. Hmmm, first that trip to France, now to Japan. What's next on the culinary tour?

phaleesy has a flair for photography, doesn't she? Please thank her for us.
          We are off to France, Pic in Valence, next week.

No need to tell jhm to thank me. I'm a lurker.

My photos are no better than anyone's on SQTalk. SQFAN's and CGK's photos are always excellent.

Comment

Awaiting some more pics of food, scenery and the like to come.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
              My photos are no better than anyone's on SQTalk. SQFAN's and CGK's photos are always excellent.
              My pics are definitely not as good as yours. Mine are so inconsistent.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                Your photos are excellent as you have the biggest equipment, SLR, I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                  Your photos are excellent as you have the biggest equipment, SLR, I mean.
                  Comparing the size of our equipment now, are we?

I did encounter a couple of men during my early morning ventures who wanted to compare their LONG L-lenses and HUGE flashguns with my Mickey Mouse.

It's fortunate that the word 'inadequate' does not exist in my vocabulary.

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                  Thanks for posting this - Very useful for me even if only to let me know to keep well clear of it - far too fishy for my liking.
                  I think we can quite understand why, Lobster!
                  Last edited by phaleesy; 17 November 2007, 08:02 AM. Reason: To add Lobster's comment

Comment

one of the best meals i ever had was japanese kaiseki in kyoto. thanks for bringing back such good memories. i absolutely love kyoto. once again, excellent stuff jhm.

Comment

Working...
                    X