The (almost) full service LCC - Firefly to PEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The (almost) full service LCC - Firefly to PEN

Hello SQTalk, thought I'd share my recent FY flight to PEN and back. You guys aren't likely to see another SilverChris TR in a long time to come, so enjoy

I was comparing AK and FY's prices, and the latter was about MYR100 more expensive. I still went with them as: 1) Was getting a bit tired of AK 2) FY flies from the Subang Airport (SZB), much closer to the city than KUL 3) SZB is a lot nicer than the dreaded LCCT

FY2094 departs at 1825, and I arrived with plenty of time to spare. Here you can see the refurbished SkyPark Terminal. Looks like a shopping mall to me.

Check-in area.

Very quick check-in - done in less than a minute, without baggage of course.

A VERY cool feature here: A flight tracker. Wish Changi had this!

Entering the departure area. No guards to check your BP at this point.

Down this corridor is the security checkpoint. That's where your BP is checked. And, where international pax are directed to the International area.

At the holding are, waiting for boarding to commence. I think those windows to the right are left behind from the T3 days

Boarding called at 1800, slightly behind schedule. Pax seated at rows 1-9 board first, followed by 10-18. As I walked down the tarmac towards the aircraft, the noise was quite unbearable. Today, 9M-FYA will fly us to PEN. FY's first ATR72

Onboard

The view from 11A

Although we boarded late, we pushed back on time, at 1825.

Beginning our short taxi to the runway.
    Last edited by SilverChris; 7 June 2011, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Another FY bird, taxiing to the terminal

Takeoff!

This is interesting: A few older aircriaft lying around Including an ex NH 744, a couple of Transmile 727Fs, and an ex Firefly F50 not in the picture.

Somewhere over Subang

Comment

Please wait while i figure out what's wrong with photobucket

Edit: Done, delete if required.
        Last edited by SilverChris; 12 June 2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Cabin view after takeoff. I think the load was about 75%.

Refreshments being served - for free

light bites menu SUBANG TO PENANG

Should you fancy a little snack or something more substantial in between your meals, simply make your selection know to our crew, during the flight.

Salted peanuts
          Salted peanuts in a pack exclusively packed for Firefly.

Kaya puff

Juices
          Apple or Guava

Please accept our apologies if our cabin crew turns down your request for additional servings of kaya puffs or peanuts

FY2094 SZB-PEN (D1/5/SN1/FY) 5.2.2 07 BC

Joke

Comment

Multiple post (delete)
            Last edited by SilverChris; 12 June 2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

According to the captain, the runway used for landing was 22, which means we have to make a turn to the South West to land. We did, though a bit later -albeit lower than i expected (compared to the jets).

Welcome to Penang - Where the only commercial widebodies you'll get are from CX.

We arrive at the gate (or rather stand) right on time at 1925.

Last look at FYA.

An A330 belonging to CX, spending the night here before heading to KUL and HKG tomorrow morning.

An MH 737 arrives. Here's 9M-MMM.

End of this segment. Stay tuned

P.s Penang airport is a mess now, with all the upgrading works going on. The drop off/pick up point is now where the arrivals used to be, thus making it a huge mess

Comment

Working...
              X