Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a ride on the wings of a Golden Goose soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After flying so many others recently, I am dying to be on SQ again. LH was APPALLING.

Last edited by quik!; 28 December 2006, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Well, my long-awaited ride on the wings of the Golden Goose was a fine one. In the wee hours of Dec. 15th, I boarded 9V-SMU operating as SQ 001 from San Francisco to Singapore via Hong Kong. Models of that very aircraft, made famous as the 1000th Boeing 747, sit atop the desk in my office and atop the fridge in my flat. I asked one of the flight stewardesses whether my recollection was correct that we were on the 1000th, and she said (mistakenly, I now know) that we weren't. Oh well.

The service was excellent on both sectors. For SFO-HKG, it was orchestrated by one of SQ's few female IFS's. I even asked her how many of her number there are; she said there used to be very few but now they're up to around 30 female IFS's. I was so exhausted from working that day on the East Coast, flying to SFO, having a lengthy transit stop (time enough to visit with some friends who came out to the airport), a delay in departure, and so on that I fell asleep before they served the pralines. That was good, because I would eat plenty of pralines in the coming weeks. The departure delay was extraodinary. We were all buttoned up and ready to push back when the captain came on to announce that a pax had left his insulin in his checked baggage and needed to retreive it. Better do it then in San Francisco than have the guy go into insulin shock and have to put down somewhere in Kamchatka, but it was annoying. They had to open the cargo hold, find the guy's bags, bring them up to him on the aerobridge, let him find his medication, then reverse the process. It was handled fairly efficiently--I was surprised at how quickly they had located his bags--but it was still nearly an hour's delay.

Made it to HKG in decent time, and I dashed through immigration in order to collect a couple of passport stamps. Going back through immigration, the guards didn't think my SFO-SIN BP was good enough, so I had to get the SQ desk to reissue me a new one for the HKG-SIN sector. That left me enough time to dash off one quick email from the lounge and sprint back to my Megatop. Onward to Singapore. Best of all, when we pulled in to Changi, Mr. Megatop was waiting for me at the arrival gate, having come down that morning from Bangkok.

Singapore Boy, you're a great way to fly.

Comment

Seems like there have been lots of female IFS sightings lately.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG
          Seems like there have been lots of female IFS sightings lately.
          I have NO problem with that!

Comment

After 38 sectors on the Golden Bird for 06', I am in an unfamiliar territory this time. Unfamiliar in which I have no clue as to when is my next SQ flight. Unlike this past year where I would have a scheduled SIA flight every 1-2 months. Looks like at least none for Jan, Feb, and Mar. So uninspired to have to endure AC flights to catch SQ from YYZ.
            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated
              So uninspired to have to endure AC flights to catch SQ from YYZ.
              Well it could be far worse. You only have to fly 92 minutes from YYZ to get to EWR. Although I just checked and realized that there is no nonstop flight from YYZ to JFK. All UA flights to JFK have to go through IAD, which means you have to deal with Mesa. Ew. I'm sorry.

Hopefully you won't have to fly on SQ25/26.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                Glad to know your plan. Please keep the special Christmas menu for me please. TIA.
                This reminds me I have the menus for my recent SQ F flights - HKG-SIN and ZRH-MAN-ZRH - to add sometime.

I have the X'mas menu insert but didn't realise until your (?) post that there was actually a separate X'mas menu.

Like Rejuvenated, I have no more SQ flights booked! At least for the last 5-6 months, I had ZRH-MAN-ZRH booked right at the end of December to look forward to but now, nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm
                  Like Rejuvenated, I have no more SQ flights booked! At least for the last 5-6 months, I had ZRH-MAN-ZRH booked right at the end of December to look forward to but now, nothing!
                  At least you've been on one recently. I'm already into my fifth month.

Comment

I've got some booked - but they're a long ways away yet, and they're only Vacation travel. Have absolutely NO idea what my work travel schedule looks like - hope it's got lots of nice flights though (not the crummy short haul ones to the middle of nowhere in the back of the bus)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      not the crummy short haul ones to the middle of nowhere in the back of the bus
                      Does SQfg ever travel in the back of the bus ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        Does SQfg ever travel in the back of the bus ?
                        SQFG travels plenty in the back of the bus. She just doesn't talk about it!

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                          Oh you said survey. Misread that then. Yeah I've only received those whenever I'm up front and I've been really nice and chatty with the crew. That also happened once when I was on VS UC, but then again, that may have been because that was my first flight with them and they wanted some fresh perspective.

Good to hear you had a great flight on SQ.
                          I just filled up one on LH C...amazing that they even bother!

FA just comes and tries to take away my half-eaten dinner, because they want to do whatever they do in hiding, once meal service is finished!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                            After flying so many others recently, I am dying to be on SQ again. LH was APPALLING.
                            I concur fully!

Just didn't want to repost the picture, although I want to hurl when you say LH!

LH EWR ground imbeciles (oh, I meant staff!) were tremendous - always saying "no" to everything....reroute please - "No".

SWU? "No, cert holder has to be present!" Me: "read the rules!"

More on that, but had to threaten to jump on SQ21 more than once!! (and I almost did!)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                              FA just comes and tries to take away my half-eaten dinner, because they want to do whatever they do in hiding, once meal service is finished!
                              Happend to me during my flight with MAS on MH094, the FA took my dinner away even though I'm not finished yet
                              "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

hi all,

anybody on the following flight?

29JAN LH4229 CDG FRA 1925 2050
                                29JAN SQ325 FRA SIN 2220 1715 2A
                                02FEB SQ166 SIN CGK 1845 1920 3A
                                20FEB SQ153 CGK SIN 0915 1150 2A
                                20FEB SQ326 SIN FRA 1430 2035 2F

20FEB LH4236 FRA CDG 2145 2255

Comment