The 'Best City in Australia'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    That should go to (almost) all towns in Tasmania...
    Blimey! I didn't know that Tasmania was part of Australia.

Comment

[QUOTE=Gunnar Smithsen;141223]Is that adding to the 'bogan list'

I will putting them up as best cities in Australia though Parramatta, Logan and Collingwood are not really cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        Blimey! I didn't know that Tasmania was part of Australia.
        There was a really good commercial for Boags beer a number of years ago showing a group of Tasmanians trying to break the island free from the mainland.
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

As you all debate the various pros and cons of cities on the West Island of NZ, I sit here in the jewel of the Pacific, and content myself in the knowledge that Auckland is indeed the city that beats all of them. We have our share of bogans, of course, but I suspect they are mostly of Australian parentage

PS I know this is OT but couldn't resist. Just ignore me.
          PPS Just to balance things up a bit, I also know that many of the bogans in Australia's fair cities hail from this side of the Tasman

Comment

Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
            As you all debate the various pros and cons of cities on the West Island of NZ, I sit here in the jewel of the Pacific, and content myself in the knowledge that Auckland is indeed the city that beats all of them. We have our share of bogans, of course, but I suspect they are mostly of Australian parentage
            I wonder if SQflyergirl has found my flame throwing emoticon...

AKL is far from anything remotely resembling a jewel in the pacific

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
              AKL is far from anything remotely resembling a jewel in the pacific
              Now, now let's not forget the sheep....
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RenRILqwhJs something enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
                  I wonder if SQflyergirl has found my flame throwing emoticon...
                  No arguments from me on that one.

But I do quite like Wellington.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Actually, that's very funny! Thanks NickC

And back OT - Melbourne for me.

Comment

Having lived in a few Australian cities, i find all the cities quite similar and 'burbs virtually the same. Shopping is usually underwhelming and often overpriced. But what makes Australia memorable is the great food and wine.

If i had to choose one city, Melbourne gets the nod. Like we say in the UK, Melbourne more cultured and less Chavvy (less bogan-ny).

Having said all that, i have to admit i hate Australian Customs with a vengeance! Ditto British immigration.
                      Last edited by SQTalked; 24 February 2011, 12:43 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I don't really have a fav candidate for best Ozzie city...

Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
                          I don't really have a fav candidate for best Ozzie city...
                          Then what are you doing here! Off with you... This is the pick on other Oz cities thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalked View Post
                            Having said all that, i have to admit i hate Australian Customs with a vengeance! Ditto British immigration.
                            Haven't had any dummy spits replayed on "Border Security" - Australian TV show about Customs and Border Protection Officers in Australia or "Customs" - British version, have you?

Always love a good dummy spit on those shows

Comment

Working...
                            X