Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'Best City in Australia'

Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
    Has anyone else received an invitation to an Singapore Airlines event in Melbourne later this month to celebrate SQ's 40th anniversary of flights into the best city in Australia?
    Now where did I put my flame thrower emoticon...

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
    Now where did I put my flame thrower emoticon...
    The emoticon you are looking for is in the trunk of the cars of the hoons who do burnouts on George street on Friday nights.

Comment

Originally posted by MEL-World View Post
      Has anyone else received an invitation to an Singapore Airlines event in Melbourne later this month to celebrate SQ's 40th anniversary of flights into the best city in Australia?
      How can Melbourne be the best city in Australia, unless SQflyergirl is there! West is best...Perth

Comment

My vote goes to BNE... Great weather, not as crowded as MEL or SYD, and not as boring at PER!
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          The emoticon you are looking for is in the trunk of the cars of the hoons who do burnouts on George street on Friday nights.
          Ahhh yes now I remember, I got rolled - i mean relieved of it - whilst walking down the main drag minding my own business by a couple of - I mean a dozen or so - entertainingly charming youth... I must remember to call Surry Hills Police station to have it returned after the matter is dealt with in court

As for PER, I think PER is only good for one thing... The Little Creatures Brewing Company...

I'm glad no-one from ADL has piped up to claim the title using the 'only capital city in Australia not settled with convict labour' line...

Gosh, but I must admit, I do love visiting ADL, they're an interesting bunch and I don't much care for their beer prices but the fact that there are so many different wine regions within in an easy driving distance... Sells itself really...

And to get this mildly back on topic, not being a MEL resident, I did not receive such an invitation...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnar Smithsen View Post
            As for PER, I think PER is only good for one thing... The Little Creatures Brewing Company...
            Only one thing? What about Swan Valley, some nice wines down there.

Comment

Of all the people to invite, I think I'd be way down the list...

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
              Only one thing? What about Swan Valley, some nice wines down there.
              WA produces some of the best Cab Savs ever. The OH and I agree that if there's any other city in Australia we could see ourselves living in, it'll be Perth. Though Launceston (the Tamar Valley region in particular) does feature prominently in our retirement/doomsday plans from time to time.

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
              My vote goes to BNE... Great weather, not as crowded as MEL or SYD, and not as boring at PER!
              I find the bogan quotient in Brisbane to be a little on the high side. *ducks* Sydney is a fab place to visit, but away from the beautiful harbour and the 3 or 4 'it' bars and restaurants, there's something staid and mundane about the city.
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 9 February 2011, 12:46 PM.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Great weather in BNE? rubbish
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  I find the bogan quotient in Brisbane to be a little on the high side. *ducks* Sydney is a fab place to visit, but away from the beautiful harbour and the 3 or 4 'it' bars and restaurants, there's something staid and mundane about the city.
                  Thank goodness you don't speak for the rest of the Ozzies, mate... disagree wholeheartedly... Sydney clearly is boganville.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Thank goodness you don't speak for the rest of the Ozzies, mate... disagree wholeheartedly... Sydney clearly is boganville.
                    Lived in Brisbane from age 6 to 19, couldn't wait to get out. Age 19 I moved to Melbourne - would not live anywhere else in Australia.
                    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      That might be true in certain bits, but Brisbane still feels more Johnny-come-lately. Though I did go up there for the Valentino exhibition....
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Does everyone here understand Australian! If not they will not know what bogan means. I will try my best here, but the English word won`t help so here we go. Bogan is Australian slang for someone from a lower class background or those with limited education/behaviour that would lead you to think they come from such a background.
                        Last edited by Singapore Sling; 11 February 2011, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                          Great weather in BNE? rubbish
                          +1 I hate living in Brisbane.

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                          Lived in Brisbane from age 6 to 19, couldn't wait to get out. Age 19 I moved to Melbourne - would not live anywhere else in Australia.
                          +1 Finally someone understands how bad Brisbane is !!

I gotta get my butt out of this place.

Comment

Ooh, another 'best city in Australia' thread, and this one is not just Melbourne v Sydney!.

Better order some Popcorn.....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Ooh, another 'best city in Australia' thread, and this one is not just Melbourne v Sydney!.

Better order some Popcorn.....
                              Save the popcorn for when someone starts a thread on 'Best suburb in <insert city>'... Came across a few whilst browsing real estate forums and boy do they get heated, makes the 'best city' threads seem like humming kumbaya.
                              Last edited by KeithMEL; 10 February 2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X