Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chatted up in SKL: Wider (e.g., Legal) Implications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatted up in SKL: Wider (e.g., Legal) Implications?

Well....I suppose this thread shows SQ has a recruitment policy which dosen't discriminate applicants by their sexual orientation?
    Last edited by jjpb3; 19 August 2008, 04:28 PM. Reason: link to original thread added
    Help make this article a better one!

hehe -

Comment

You must be an extremely attractive person.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 19 August 2008, 04:29 PM. Reason: link to original thread added

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
        You must be an extremely attractive person.
        I concur.. Average souls like me never get chatted up before
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
          Well....I suppose this shows SQ has a recruitment policy which dosen't discriminate applicants by their sexual orientation?
          haha.. nice one

Comment

Just to clarify, being a homosexual is not illegal in Singapore. Its sex between mutually consenting adult men that's illegal.

Comment

I am surpirsed that in this modern age, a sophisticated city such as singapore has such a prejudiced law!
              Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Yeap, it is odd. Homosexuality is not illegal in Singapore. But the archaic sodomy law, consentual sex between two men, is.

Singaporeans are, to me, pretty open though. There are quite a number of gay bars around and I have gotten stares from lots of guys on the streets lol. I actually feel there are probably more openly gay and bisexual men here than there are in any other country in Asia (Thailand excluded)!

Well the thing is, no one here has ever gotten arrested under this sodomy law. Go fig

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post

Well the thing is, no one here has ever gotten arrested under this sodomy law. Go fig
                  Perhaps those who want to partake in such acts would fly to BKK with their SOs to do so?

Comment

Yeap, it is odd. Homosexuality is not illegal in Singapore. But the archaic sodomy law, consentual sex between two men, is.
                    Its not odd, its 2 separate things. Being a homosexual is a mental state, Sodomy is physical action.

Comment

It is therefore "interesting" that this being the cases, two young males checking into 1 room at a hotel where immediately offered a double, rather than a twin*......given the above legal position, could the hotel employees be construed as aiding and abetting an illegal activity?

*for the record, we took the twin option. We're just cheap!
                      If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

Homosexuality illegal in Spore?

To a certain extent, we are rather open about it and the population by and large lives and let live. Although there is always talk about a conservative majority, most (not all) people nowadays are not concerned about it. When I was in Singapore Flying College, I was "outed" and in fact I made more friends because a lot of my college mates never had a gay friend in their lives and they were curious to see how I led my life. Even the instructors who soon found out, came my way and talked to me about how a gay person could be so interested in flying... DUH?! You mean to say I am not human?

Well as an interesting comparison, there are more gay saunas (bath houses) in Singapore than Amsterdam or Sydney - 2 rather prominent gay cities. I guess these saunas do help alleviate the problem of public cruising with is technically illegal and sometimes can be a nuisance to the heteros. As such, the authorities tolerate the existence of such sex-on-premise venues and establishments.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                          thats Singapore for you, the worlds most conservative society.
                          While Singapore is not in the top 10% of the world's most liberal countries, it is in the top 50%. Closer to home, Singapore is more liberal than either of its two immediate neighbours. Indonesia and Malaysia are far more conservative. The only country in southeast Asia (perhaps anywhere in Asia) more liberal than Singapore would be Thailand.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                            The only country in southeast Asia (perhaps anywhere in Asia) more liberal than Singapore would be Thailand.
                            Surely you don't mean Thailand and Singapore are the most liberal countries in the whole of Asia ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              Surely you don't mean Thailand and Singapore are the most liberal countries in the whole of Asia ?
                              The most liberal is of course Malaysia. We've just cancelled the Avril Lavigne concert cause she's apparently too sexy..........

Comment

Working...
                              X