Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHR to Liverpool

Question for the UK-based friends:

What would be the fastest way to get from LHR to Liverpool on a Fri?
    Air, I dont see anything from either BA or BD
    Bus, takes like 4+hrs
    Train, HEX to the city then another one?
    Car, Rent one?

Also, what the best place to park at Anfield if driving? Asking on behalf of my bro-in-law who's wants to go there.

What time on a Friday is your brother looking to do this? if it is Friday afternoon early evening then the traffic would be terrible and I would definitely recommend the train. If he arrives at LHR in the morning then maybe the car would be an option (however if he has had a long flight then maybe the bus would be better).

Sorry never been to Anfield so no idea where to park

Comment

Fri early morning. Either BA12 or BA16 from SIN

Comment

No direct flight LHR-LPL since BD stopped years ago I'm afraid.

As it's a Friday then driving from London could be painful due to traffic and not recommended after a long flight. I would recommend he flies to MAN (BA and BD fly the route) and drives from there, which would take about an hour. You can also get the train from MAN to Liverpool (Lime Street station) which takes about an hour but he'd then have to get a taxi to Anfield anyway.

Other option is train up but he'd have to get the HEX to Paddington then tube to Euston/Euston Square or a long schlep from LHR on the Piccadilly line and change to go up to Euston/Euston Square.

I presume he's going to Anfield the stadium. If so why on a Friday ?.

Comment

He plans to get there on Fri, then watch the game on Sat followed by a stadium tour on Sun. Ok, will let him know.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            He plans to get there on Fri, then watch the game on Sat followed by a stadium tour on Sun. Ok, will let him know.
            I see. As a matter of interest, what game ?. The reason I ask is Sky Sports are a PITA for moving fixtures from the traditional 3pm on Saturday (mainly for the benefit of all you lot over there..), sometimes after they have announced the first batch, so he should make sure all the live games have been announced before he makes any confirmed bookings.

As for parking. There is a huge car park in Stanley Park off Priory Road that can be used. However, if he is staying over in Liverpool that night he would be as well leaving the car and get a taxi/bus.

Comment

The 8/Nov game

Comment

Why not SiN- MAN on SQ328, shorter commute to Liverpool....

And this will enrage all the Liverpool fans, they are not winning anything again in 2008-09 season....
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  As it's a Friday then driving from London could be painful due to traffic and not recommended after a long flight. I would recommend he flies to MAN (BA and BD fly the route) and drives from there, which would take about an hour. You can also get the train from MAN to Liverpool (Lime Street station) which takes about an hour but he'd then have to get a taxi to Anfield anyway.

Other option is train up but he'd have to get the HEX to Paddington then tube to Euston/Euston Square or a long schlep from LHR on the Piccadilly line and change to go up to Euston/Euston Square.
                  I'm just wondering whether the train would be better ? AFAIK, it's about 2.5 hours from London to Liverpool - add to that about an hour from LHR to Euston by tube (only 1 change required) and in total you're looking at about 4-5 hours.

Compare that to arriving into LHR T4 on BA12/16 and then allowing enough time to transfer to T5 (two trains on the HEX), check-in etc. A one hour flight to MAN (assuming no BA delays ) and then a one hour drive and I think you're looking at least at the same amount of time as taking the tube/train but with more hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    The 8/Nov game
                    That's only West Brom so probably won't get moved, although they haven't announced the live games yet (should be this week) so keep an eye on it.

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                    Why not SiN- MAN on SQ328, shorter commute to Liverpool....

And this will enrage all the Liverpool fans, they are not winning anything again in 2008-09 season....
                    The forces of darkness also might not if that big headed, over-rated, cheating, diving, arrogant show pony f*cks off to Real Madrid....

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    I'm just wondering whether the train would be better ? AFAIK, it's about 2.5 hours from London to Liverpool - add to that about an hour from LHR to Euston by tube (only 1 change required) and in total you're looking at about 4-5 hours.

Compare that to arriving into LHR T4 on BA12/16 and then allowing enough time to transfer to T5 (two trains on the HEX), check-in etc. A one hour flight to MAN (assuming no BA delays ) and then a one hour drive and I think you're looking at least at the same amount of time as taking the tube/train but with more hassle.
                    Each to their own, but an hour (if you're lucky) on the Tube is enough to put me off I'm afraid. I think luggage comes into this as well.

If he has checked luggage then a BA add on and hopefully the ability to check it through to MAN would be the clincher. No second check-in. I also didn't know he'd have to change terminals. This is November, why will he arrive in T4 ?. I thought T5 was all BA flights.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I also didn't know he'd have to change terminals. This is November, why will he arrive in T4 ?. I thought T5 was all BA flights.
                      T5 isn't big enough to hold the entire BA operation so the intention all along (even before the T5 opening shambles) was that the BA SIN/BKK flights (codeshared with QF) would move from T4 to T3. (I can't remember whether this will change with the opening of the satellites T5B and T5C in a few years time.) However, the terminal checker:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...t/public/en_gb

says T4 still for these flights in November.

Comment

Working...
                      X