X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EY Pax gets Compensation from SQ

Some of you already know of this.

An FTer went to a smalls claims court and got something out of SQ for downgrading her from Executive Economy, which of course is being phased out, to Economy. Full story in the link.

What is surprising though is that she apparently gets hostile responses from members. Oh wait, there are manic supporters worldwide. Sigh.

Thing is, IMHO she did what Singaporeans have whined and griped about but didn't really take to task. The Straits Times reported disgruntled pax when the news of the all C class flights were announced, but AFAIK there has not been any legal action taken against SQ in Singapore.

SQ responded to a journo's query that the transfer to a one stop flight in a lower class is kosher because the price of the ticket is exactly the same as the Executive Economy ticket. Which was true. They raised the prices of the one stop flight from SIN - NYC via FRA to match the previous non stop prices. Still, there is a failure I think of fulfilling the obligations that come with the purchase of the original ticket. Having said that, what else could SQ do, other than refund.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831846

nb: dunno if this person is a man or woman, so please dont slam me for it :-)
    Last edited by emperorsr; 10 June 2008, 08:09 PM. Reason: gender
    Have Passport Will Travel!

Posting a thread here from FT won't change what's happened on the other forum. I am closing this thread as apart from opening a big and messy can of worms, I fail to see what can be achieved by such a thread

KeithMEL
    On behalf of SQTalk moderators
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
    X