SIA Aircraft Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA Aircraft Models

Anyone here collects SIA aircraft models? Typically 1:200 scale?

Just wondering where you guys get your models from. Apparently, KrisShop only sells the A380.

Well, I want to collect the entire fleet of SIA but it seems to be almost impossible, unlike other airlines, which are more easily available.
    A great way to fly!

Hi blueodyssey,

try www.lhshop.nl aka http://www.aviationmegastore.com/

This a dedicated aviation hobby shop located next to Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.

Select 'english' and type the following search string 'singapore airlines'
    Voila ... 1:200 models are being displayed there.
    The 'display models' directory is worth looking at. 1:100 models are found here.

They will ship worldwide...

Tim
    Last edited by Tim; 22 May 2008, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blueodyssey View Post

Just wondering where you guys get your models from. Apparently, KrisShop only sells the A380.

Well, I want to collect the entire fleet of SIA but it seems to be almost impossible, unlike other airlines, which are more easily available.
      Yes, I have a collection of DW 1:200 die cast ones plus a few Herpa ones.

You can source it from Ebay. There are a few shops in SIN as well. Sorry cannot remember the names. Do a search in SQTalk as well.

Comment

http://www.scalenutz.com/

It's a SG company but they are contracted by Risesoon now so lots of SQ models from them.

If you are interested in 1/400 & 1/500 let me know. I will put you in contact with someone I know.

Comment

Scalenutz doesnt sell Singapore Airlines models anymore.
          A great way to fly!

Comment

Scalenutz doesnt sell Singapore Airlines models anymore.
            Just got a reply from them today. My pre-order for the 744 + 744F got cancelled

Comment

Hey do share what's the reason they gave ya
              A great way to fly!

Comment

Hey do share what's the reason they gave ya
                Some issues with SQ apparently. Something to do with authorization. Hope they get things settled.

Comment

Seems like KrisShop started this little hoohah. Risesoon and Scalenutz will no longer market SQ models even though they will still be producing them for SQ. The only way to get them now is through SQ staff.

Comment

Thats very unfair to all the model collectors out there.

How can I get it now? Any SQ staff willing to help me?

Seriously, I'm quite sad about it because I'm actually looking forward to Scalenutz upcoming 744 model.

Hope someone can help me. Sigh.
                    A great way to fly!

Comment

Well anyone have any news about this issue?

I still can't get over the fact that I can't buy SIA models anymore.

Sigh.
                      A great way to fly!

Comment

This issue will take a while to get resolved. There are always "non-official" models. Airside of T1 has one shop selling SQ models but not as good as Risesoon's QC standards.

Comment

Well anyone have any news about this issue?

I still can't get over the fact that I can't buy SIA models anymore.

Sigh.
                          Can't you buy from KrisShop? Is it because of quality, is Herpa's not good? And btw, may I know in you guy's opinion which are the best airplane model manufacturers in order from best to worst with 1 being the best.

Comment

Originally posted by danzer View Post
                            Can't you buy from KrisShop? Is it because of quality, is Herpa's not good? And btw, may I know in you guy's opinion which are the best airplane model manufacturers in order from best to worst with 1 being the best.
                            I think blueodyssey is specially referring to 1/200 models in SQ liveries. There's only one in the line up at the moment for KrisShop and that's a A380 Hogan Wings model. I would say it's better than the A380 Lupa model they used to carry.

I would generally rate GeminiJets, Aeroclassics, Herpa, Skymarks, InFlight, Risesoon & Phoenix to be one of the better manufacturers. There are some smaller manufacturers that have rather decent lineups with good finishing as well but it's rather inconsistent.
                            Last edited by Nick C; 28 May 2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Yap I am holding RS A380. So not planning to get another SKA.

Airside of T1? I guess those are the ones w/o gears and made of plastic?

Well I *** mind it take some time to resolve. I'm just afraid what happen it doesnt... so no more SIA 1:200 models forever?=(

Btw, I think Kris Shop have one of the worst selection of 1:200 models as compared to other airlines.
                              A great way to fly!

Comment

Working...
                              X