I got my iPhone :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my iPhone :D

...and I'm totally in love with my shiny new device. Honestly, best 400 bucks spent in the last few months!

Sorry to post this so boldly but I am just so happy with it and after just some hours of use I could not imagine going back to another phone
    Home is where your heart is.

i'm quite envious of you! the only iPhones available where i live are the T-mobile unlocked ones which people do a horrible job in unlocking.

Comment

Enjoy it, florianwagner

Apple gear is different, pleasant to work with (because of the software & hardware design).

It'll also pair better with your Mac, right?

Comment

It does. Really. It was always so troublesome syncing my Palm PDA with my MacBookPro but with the iPhone, everything just seems to be so easy. It's just luxury if everything works the way it's supposed to work without having to play around for hours.
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Me too am impressed with this device, but it's indeed costly. Rm2.2K in Malaysia, and thats a lot of money. This device is best if you have unlimited GPRS data transfer...that would be awesome!

Comment

Congratulations Florian. Glad you are having fun with it.

I haven't been able to justify the iPhone yet despite a growing strain on my portable media demands.

I think I will just have to suck it up and wait until the Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 is released. It's also on Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...es/overview/x1

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood! While I can't imagine using mine as my primary phone, it's one of my favorite toys!

Comment

Congrats! Apple's devices are just so...cool. Someone at school was actually showing his off today and we were shocked in horror to see it fly five rows forward on the bus after the driver made a sudden stop. Luckily, the phone survived
                Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

For those that don't need the phone functions, I found that the iPod Touch is a really neat alternative. I've managed to turn my 3hr daily commute into time where I catch up on DVDs that I bought then neglected for 2 years In 3 weeks, I've managed to watch about 8 films!

It's true that I'm sometimes left wishing I could access the GSM data instead of finding the wireless, but on the whole I'm ecstatic with just the iPod Touch. When the 3G version comes out, I'll give it more thought...

Comment

stargold, do you have a wifi-capable phone from nokia? I too use the ipod touch and been loving every moment with it. I have a 3.5G enabled ipod touch and have been able to surf everywhere i go with it.

I use a Nokia N95 and JoiukSpot (an app for nokia phones) to create a wifi hotspot which your ipod touch can connect to to surf. Its still in the beta phase and allows surfing only. It definitely beats surfing off an iphone (which only has GPRS/Edge). I get unlimited 3.5G here from starhub at S$36/month, and it enables me to get online everywhere - on my phone, macbook (via a hsdpa modem) or my ipod touch.

with the mail app upgrade, the ipod touch is almost an iphone minus voice capabilities and a camera.

Comment

w: I did think of that, but my Nokia 6300 is sadly lacking both in 3G capabilities and also a Wi-Fi feature. If I was to splurge out on a Nokia E51 it would then satisfy both requirements, but after the beating that my wallet took with the Touch, I'm not quite ready for another tech purchase yet...! Thanks for the tip, though!

PS. I'm so glad I upgraded my computer a few months ago - films seem to happily encode at roughly 8-10x speed, which means they only take about 15 minutes or so to encode a whole film!

Comment

i actually did not like my iphone at all. ended up just giving it away because of the hassle. would consider buying another in a year or so when they work out the various bugs, and offer much better technical support.

Comment

Working...
                        X