This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on aircraft photography

Good attemp. However, I do see some parts of the plane partially cut off. Also, I see reflection from the glass wall. It can be avoided.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 19 November 2007, 02:05 AM. Reason: Moderator's note: the comment refers to the following thread: http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2832

Originally posted by WSSS View Post
    Good attemp. However, I do see some parts of the plane partially cut off. Also, I see reflection from the glass wall. It can be avoided.
    However, the pictures are from vantage points where you don't find yourself too often, so you just might want to sit back and enjoy the additional perspectives they give.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 18 November 2007, 12:09 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

If he was a plane spotter, I'm sure he'd care. But he isn't, so probably has more important things to worry about.

Have you put your pics of the A380 in SYD up yet ?.

Comment

Whether he is a plane spotter or not, it's just MY opinion. You mean I cannot even pass such a remark???

You will have to wait. Not everyone is so fortunate. Have you??
        Last edited by WSSS; 18 November 2007, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Whether he is a plane spotter or not, it's just MY opinion. You mean I cannot even pass such a remark???
          There are opinions that are constructively phrased, and ones that sound snippy or petty. You're free to express both kinds, but don't be surprised if you get very different reactions.
          Last edited by jjpb3; 18 November 2007, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Well maybe you should keep opinions like that to yourself rather than jumping in and criticising someone about something they obviously couldn't care less about.

Hopefully these things will come naturally to you as you get older.

Comment

Not yet, that is why I would not see fit to criticise someone who has.

Comment

Thank you for your comment! You should know I am not a professional photographer. I just pick and choose what I have taken to be posted here. And I don't belong to the community who specializes on the whole plane picture only. I mean pretty pictures only. And in addition, I don't do photo shop. I always post the pictures here in SQTalk as what I take is what you get. If there is a certain request for manipulation in the group of people, another SQTalkers would help me doing the cropping. A reminder as well, my meals pictures are not in the other meals site. I took them as part of my travel experiences.

For example, in this picture:

I want to stress on the fact of aircraft registration 9V-SKA as well as the orange color of the wings. With my unprofessional camera, I don't see it clearly by taking the whole picture of A380 without being cutoff.

For this picture,

I want to show, what I saw when I got off from the jetway from door M1L. I know you can photoshop the reflection. But the important thing is the fact that the window was so dirty, same as at NZ Lounge. And, hey when the sun is directly at you, a simple camera would not work the best.

In short, my purpose of taking the pictures of airplanes is completely different than what your ideal is. You should go to the other site for those perfect airplane pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post

In short, my purpose of taking the pictures of airplanes is completely different than what your ideal is. You should go to the other site for those perfect airplane pictures.

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

... in this picture ... I want to stress on the fact of aircraft registration 9V-SKA as well as the orange color of the wings. With my unprofessional camera, I don't see it clearly by taking the whole picture of A380 without being cutoff.

For this picture ... I want to show, what I saw when I got off from the jetway from door M1L. I know you can photoshop the reflection. But the important thing is the fact that the window was so dirty, same as at NZ Lounge. And, hey when the sun is directly at you, a simple camera would not work the best.
                      I think you underestimate your photography skills, CGK. Thinking about how the photograph would communicate your intention, and working with the constraints of your equipment and your environment at the moment of picture-taking (the lighting at that time of day, the arrangement of the background objects that might be beyond your control, etc.) are exactly some of the elements of good photography.

Or so I've been told. I'm strictly a point-and-shoot camera type of guy myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Or so I've been told. I'm strictly a point-and-shoot camera type of guy myself.
                        Mine is point and shoot as well. But I am sure everyone remembers how I moved up to digital camera. And no more flashing lighting up the cabin!

Comment

Well said

Comment

Young man, you'd need to brush up on your spelling (or is it typing?) skills first before doling out advice to your elders!

Comment

Not everyone taking pictures are making an 'attempt' to make the picture what/how you think a picture should be.

People take pictures for different reasons, and as most have rightfully said, those were very good pictures that CGK has taken.

Comment

Working...
                              X