OCBC Elite World Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCBC Elite World Card

I just got a call from OCBC giving me a free trial for this card. I was told the annual fee is $1600/year

From what the guy told me over the phone on the privi of this card, I do not see this card is worth $1600/year. Some of the benefit he mentioned are JetQuay Terminal access (which HSBC Infinite also have), Concierge Service (which he told me can even tell me where is the best food around my neighbourhood, really??) and Acess to Golf Course (may be this is the one which make this card expensive, but I do not golf)..

He told me that only few of the benefits. But I fail to hear something like limo service, fast track etc etc.

So does this card really worth that much (almost 4x Visa Infinite)?
    visit my blog

Doesn't really sound that good a deal especially if one has to pay such a hefty fee for it.

http://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking...periences.html

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Doesn't really sound that good a deal especially if one has to pay such a hefty fee for it.

http://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking...periences.html
      They are waiving the first year annual fee. I kind of agree with you that the card does not seem that attractive. It seems they are start calling some customer to offer this card for free. The take up rate does not seem quite good -- not surprise with that kind of benefit.

I search the net and found that there is up to 50% business class fare reduction. Sound quite attractive but dunno what is the catch
      visit my blog

Comment

One of my friends has it, and he said it was rather hopeless, and hardly uses it. It seems that HSBC infinite is way better and the concierge service is rather hopeless too according to him.

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
          One of my friends has it, and he said it was rather hopeless, and hardly uses it. It seems that HSBC infinite is way better and the concierge service is rather hopeless too according to him.
          I have the same feeling too, although I cannot see the "complete" benefit, as a valid credit card number is needed to access that page.

I guess it is more worth if you are a golfer

Which Concietge Service is rather hopless? OCBC or HSBC?
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            I have the same feeling too, although I cannot see the "complete" benefit, as a valid credit card number is needed to access that page.

I guess it is more worth if you are a golfer

Which Concietge Service is rather hopless? OCBC or HSBC?
            I think he meant OCBC haha ! HSBC i am not so sure

Comment

Finally got the card. Come with A4 size thick booklet describing the benefit.

Not much "new" benefit. JetQuay service. I like the OCBC NISP lounge and fast track service in Jakarta airport, but the website now listed this benefit only until 30-Sep-2012!!!
              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                Finally got the card. Come with A4 size thick booklet describing the benefit.

Not much "new" benefit. JetQuay service. I like the OCBC NISP lounge and fast track service in Jakarta airport, but the website now listed this benefit only until 30-Sep-2012!!!
                Does the Jakarta fast track have to be pre-booked like with Visa Infinite, or can just rock up and use on the spot like APAC card (as my schedule is very unpredictable)? Would be good if this could be extended. How is NISP lounge compared to the SQ and Garuda one?

I received the call from OCBC today for this card also, and they offered one year free (fee waiver). They must be quite desperate, given that I don't even have any existing banking relationship with them, and only have the cheapo OCBC Robinsons and NTUC Plus credit cards!

What was interesting was they mentioned $1:1.7 miles (local spend) and $1:2.5 miles (overseas spend). First time I am hearing this, so I asked the girl if she was sure and she said yes "this card has the highest miles earning rate among the competition". Is this true? Or does this come with a minimum spend per month / year before 1.7 miles per dollar kicks in? Am somewhat sceptical.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jn82 View Post
                  Does the Jakarta fast track have to be pre-booked like with Visa Infinite, or can just rock up and use on the spot like APAC card (as my schedule is very unpredictable)? Would be good if this could be extended. How is NISP lounge compared to the SQ and Garuda one?

I received the call from OCBC today for this card also, and they offered one year free (fee waiver). They must be quite desperate, given that I don't even have any existing banking relationship with them, and only have the cheapo OCBC Robinsons and NTUC Plus credit cards!

What was interesting was they mentioned $1:1.7 miles (local spend) and $1:2.5 miles (overseas spend). First time I am hearing this, so I asked the girl if she was sure and she said yes "this card has the highest miles earning rate among the competition". Is this true? Or does this come with a minimum spend per month / year before 1.7 miles per dollar kicks in? Am somewhat sceptical.

Thanks.
                  I think so. Did not really read carefully. But only until 30sep2012.

Overseas spending 3x OCBC$. Haven't really check the conversion rate to KF miles.

I have checked. The conversion rate is 2500OCBC$ to 1000 KF miles.

so $1 = 0.4 miles for local spending and $1 = 1.2 miles. not so fantastic i guess
                  Last edited by lingua101; 23 September 2012, 12:04 AM.
                  visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                    The OCBC Concierge Service us not rather hopeless leh..... It is VERY hopeless. I called to check on Thai Airways promotion listed on the Elite website.

To access this website I have to enter my card number.

Called in got transferred 2 times and later was told they do not know about this as the other department is no longer working..... Such a hopeless service for a $1600/year card.

I suspect this us just a normal Master Card promotion.

We will see if someone will call me tomorrow.

Oh ya the NISP Concierge in Jakarta is still listed as privilege up to 30-Sep-2012. Oct almost ended already.... Can't even get the exclusive website updated!!!

Not gonna pay for this card... even for $100 not mention $1600
                    visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                    X