Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announced: SPG Flights -- use Starpoints for flights

http://www.spgflights.com/travel/arc...TY_SPG_FLIGHTS

Starwood Preferred Guest has just launched SPG Flights, which allows SPG members to redeem their Starpoints on flights. Amount of Starpoints required for a ticket directly corelate to the dollar value of that ticket. Interestingly, tickets are booked as 'revenue' tickets and not as award redemption tickets. Tickets can be booked into economy, business or first class and on most major carriers. See above link for more details.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Haven't looked at it in detail, but seems poor value for Starpoints at first glance, even with taxes and fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      seems poor value for Starpoints at first glance, even with taxes and fees.
      I agree. The figures confirm for me that hotel points are (given my preferences and constraints) best used for stay redemptions, and airline points for flight redemptions.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        Haven't looked at it in detail, but seems poor value for Starpoints at first glance, even with taxes and fees.
        Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I agree. The figures confirm for me that hotel points are (given my preferences and constraints) best used for stay redemptions, and airline points for flight redemptions.
        Yeah I second that. Personally the best value for me continue to be redemptions (cash + points or 5th night free) at Cat 4 and above hotels which normally cost USD300 and above per night.

Comment

Working...
        X