• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novotel Hydro Majestic, Kuala Lumpur

(Format of thread KeithMEL)

Novotel Hydro
    Majestic Hotel
    Jalan Kia Peng - Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur Golden Triangle area

This was my second stay at the Novotel Hydro Majestic. I had previously stayed here in an Executive Room last year when I attended a friend's wedding in Kuala Lumpur a year ago. Yes, they even give you a welcome letter to say they're happy to have you back. Which is a nice touch.

The room categories comprise (in ascending order) of:

Superior Room
    Executive Floor Room (different prices for 1 or 2 persons)
    Junior Suite (different prices for 1 or 2 persons)

I had booked my first night in an Executive Floor Room as availability was very limited. Since the period I was staying included the Singapore National Day, it's possible that there were extra Singaporean holidayers in town also, despite it not really being a long weekend (National Day fell on a Saturday this year). I saw at least one other Singaporean group staying there.

Photos of Executive Floor Room (1 person rate)

Taken from the window looking in, from the right

Taken from the window looking in, from the middle

The bathroom, not overly large, normal-sized

Interestingly, it's worth pointing out that some rooms (even on the business floors which if memory serves me correctly begins from Level 22 upwards) do not have a window looking into the bathroom. There are 28 floors, and I know floors 23, 26 and 27 have some rooms that have them. So if you're looking for one with a window (for whatever reason), be sure to ask when checking in.

It is a nice room, but as you can tell, the working area / 'bench' was quite narrow and squashed in one corner of the room. There is an extra power outlet for laptops, other misc devices here.

The bed was comfortable, and the room was nice and clean. Coffee/tea-making facilities are provided. It had a beautiful view of the Petronas Twin Towers (well, the top bits anyway), which you miss out on if you're not on a Business floor, for the most part.

Photos of Junior Suite (1 person rate)

Living room, from the front entrance looking in

Living room, from the window looking in, notice the separate working area (unlike the Superior/Exec rooms)

Bedroom, you can see a bit of the living room through the door, panning from the right

To the left

Wardrobe in the bathroom area, also a safe, laundry, bathrobes etc

Separate shower, bathtub viewable

Bathroom sink area, very spacious

The Junior Suite is actually two rooms connected together (i.e. providing double the amount of space). Very spacious, nice couch, and great value for not much money more than an Executive Floor Room. The suites also allow access to the Business lounge on Level 28.

Two pictures of the food served in the Biz lounge HERE

Good value if more than two pax staying there. An extra bed easily available, or you can just use the couch.

Very happy overall with the Junior Suite, will definitely be coming back.

Prices tend to be 60% for similar-sized rooms when compared to the larger chains, so I think the Novotel Hydro Majestic is good value for money. The location is also extremely convenient and it has an overhead crossing that links up directly to the Pavillion shopping centre (into the heart of the Bukit Bintang shopping area). For the partygoers, there are salsa bars nearby, the Skybar, and plenty of hotels/clubs near by. The Twin Towers are also a very short walk away (15 minutes or less if walking very slowly, non-hilly).

Amenities-wise, it's also all provided (their conditioner, in particular, warrants a mention for the lemon-citrus 'zestiness'). Furthermore, I have had Krisflyer miles credited in as short as 4 days after the stay (last year). So, very efficient.

It may not be oh-so-plush as the Mandarin Oriental or the Hilton, but I think it is definitely well above average (especially the Junior Suite). A pity the Junior Suite has no jacuzzi, though, otherwise I'd have nothing to fault it about.

For sure I stay here again and pay very close to RM400 rather than RM700 at the bigger chains for not much more benefits (less, even). Plus, I got upgraded from a Superior to an Executive Room last year on presentation of my Accor membership card (not this year as they were fully booked plus the following night, the Junior Suite was already their top room category).

Thanks for the trip report. I had been wondering what this hotel was like. At about rm400, I think I'd still choose the Le Meridien.

I don't know what it is, but Novotels leave me pretty cold, generally. The only one I have stayed in and really liked is in Semarang, Indonesia.

Comment

Working...
    X